• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Little Fockers

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Had some wicked vibrations on the starboard side engine above 3000rpm. Tried all my tricks to get whatever it was out to no avail. Called it quits, and put putted home at 7mph. As I was approaching the marina, the ports side engine started to vibrate like crazy. Had to pull both impellers to get these little fockers out. The impellers sliced into them to a point where I could not pull them off through the grates. While the back end was apart, I installed new anodes. The ones that came on the boat were zinc, which is great for salt water, but not so much for fresh water. There was a bunch of oxidation on the housings and reverse gates. I bought the largest diameter water heater magnesium anode I could find, and sliced it up, and drilled the discs out so that i could attach them where the old ones were. I was able to make 10 anodes out of it, for a grand total of $8.50. That’s a win in my book!
506D46BB-D9E4-4652-8125-FAC97FFB9E03.jpeg9154529A-DC40-4736-BDC6-7F8830AF6356.jpeg

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Lol....happened the same to me last weekend! 7mph is it!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had some wicked vibrations on the starboard side engine above 3000rpm. Tried all my tricks to get whatever it was out to no avail. Called it quits, and put putted home at 7mph. As I was approaching the marina, the ports side engine started to vibrate like crazy. Had to pull both impellers to get these little fockers out. The impellers sliced into them to a point where I could not pull them off through the grates. While the back end was apart, I installed new anodes. The ones that came on the boat were zinc, which is great for salt water, but not so much for fresh water. There was a bunch of oxidation on the housings and reverse gates. I bought the largest diameter water heater magnesium anode I could find, and sliced it up, and drilled the discs out so that i could attach them where the old ones were. I was able to make 10 anodes out of it, for a grand total of $8.50. That’s a win in my book!
What body of water are you boating in?

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I typically boat on the Des Plaines, Kankakee, and Illinois Rivers. There always sticks etc floating around, but nave never had to pull the pumps to get them out.
I'll be working on a tool to pop these things out while on the water.
It's not right to drive this boat 7mph...it feels very wrong.