• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

LONG BEACH ISLAND NJ

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are renting a house in LBI for labor day for about 10 days and it has a boat dock, besides trying to find some members that live/boat in the area to show me around I am also looking for some advice and/or precautions that I should take when leaving the boat in salt water for that many days. Shore power shouldn't be an issue and I will keep the bilge on. I plan in prepping it with salt-away before and after I pull in/out. Will keep the yamaha premium mooring cover on...anything else?? thanks in advance!

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'd consider installing shut off valves so you can at least flush the engines after using it. I personally wouldn't allow my boat to sit for even a day after salt water use without flushing it.

Be careful in that Bay there. Lots of shallow spots!

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You did not state whether you have a galvanized or pained trailer. If you have a painted trailer, I would look into having your boat lifted off the trailer and placed into water. I would never dunk a painted trailer in salt water.

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's galvanized @Boat Crazy and good advice. @Skysurfer2010 I heard of shallow areas and shifted sandbars from Sandy and yeah if I have access to a water hose it may not be a bad idea, thanks!

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hey Mike,

We boat off of LBI all summer long. We often rent a house on the bay with a dock as well, but I don't normally leave the boat in the water for more than a day, then I pull it, flush it with salt-away and clean the heck out of it. Be happy to show you and some others newbies that are in the area around when we're down there.

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @Topper232 that sounds great. I will hit you up when im down there. My biggest concern about leaving it in the water would be not being able to sleep at night thinking if its going to float away or the salt water destroying it overnight. I wouldnt mind pulling it out but it would be nice to have the luxury of just stepping out to the dock and jumping into the boat.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have BoatUS towing in case .... I am looking at something like this now that I might go in some bay areas. I will also be headed to wildwood, NJ for a vacation with kids but I am not sure whether the boat will make it with us

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I use Sea Tow, well havent had to use them, but have the membership. I see plenty of tow boats from both companies out in the bay, so i think your safe with either one. Sea Tow lets you renew at the AC boat show for a discount and usually will throw in some t-shirts or cozies.