• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Longest lasting boat cover - AR190

jman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a AR190 that will be stored outside year round. What’s the longest lasting cover I can buy? The Yamaha OEM covers are nice, but many say they only last 2-3 years. Was looking to not have to buy a cover so many times. Thanks.

KyleP

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Honestly if you can find someone selling a shipping cover they are super thick and mine has lasted 4 years with no issues at all. You can sometimes get them for cheap on here, I think I got mine for 100 bucks from a forum member

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Honestly if you can find someone selling a shipping cover they are super thick and mine has lasted 4 years with no issues at all. You can sometimes get them for cheap on here, I think I got mine for 100 bucks from a forum member
Ran the shipping cover on mine. While towing with it for 3 seasons. It was, IMO, of better quality than the black "deluxe premium" covers. I'll be on my third season towing with that cover this year.

Boat lives in a garage though, so it doesn't get any sun damage during storage. I'm sure that helps, but how much I'm unsure.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I made sure i asked the dealer to save my shipping cover for me. I got home and tried to put it on. It was the biggest piece of crap i have seen. Im not sure if they have changed at all. For 2021 mine was a fuzzy lined shrinkwrap material. Once it came off my boat it was 1ft too short to ever go back on. Its no different than having your boat shrunkwrap then trying to reuse that material over and over which doesnt work either. If you want a good cover the find a skilled marine canvas guy and have a real custom cover made for the boat. A good cover will last 10 years

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@jman What cover you use depends on what you need to protect it from and whether or not you want easy access to work on it. What are your circumstances?

KyleP

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I made sure i asked the dealer to save my shipping cover for me. I got home and tried to put it on. It was the biggest piece of crap i have seen. Im not sure if they have changed at all. For 2021 mine was a fuzzy lined shrinkwrap material. Once it came off my boat it was 1ft too short to ever go back on. Its no different than having your boat shrunkwrap then trying to reuse that material over and over which doesnt work either. If you want a good cover the find a skilled marine canvas guy and have a real custom cover made for the boat. A good cover will last 10 years
must be different with the newer models. Mine (2017 195 shipping cover) has built in ratchet straps and is a very thick material. Not surprising if they are making them cheaper.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
must be different with the newer models. Mine (2017 195 shipping cover) has built in ratchet straps and is a very thick material. Not surprising if they are making them cheaper.
I also asked my dealer to save the shipping cover for my 2021. It is not cheaply made at all nor thin. It is thick plastic/vinyl like material on the exterior and a soft fleece like material on the inside. Port/starboard ratchet straps with zippered pockets. Snap buckles along the bottom and fits my boat perfectly.

I think my biggest gripe is storing it when off the boat. That sucker doesn't fold up easily for storage.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
yes its not thin. its like 1 wetboat described it but the plastic material is shrink wrap plastic. maybe they dont heat all of them but you can tell mine had a shrink wrap gun applied to it. once the dealer took it off there was no getting it back on. it was so short my whole swim platform was hanging out. it was shrunk so tight that the little pointy rear steps on the 27 models back by the platform was actually punched through it. it would be an ok cover if they dont shrink it and just ratchet it tight on the boat. in any case that is more of a winter ocver. if the OP is looking for something like a nice mooring cover then the best thing you can do is have a good canvas guy make you a quality cover. of course its craftsmanship so every person will be different. you find a good one and they can make you a super nice cover that will last years, stay waterproof and not degrade from the sun.

jman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@jman What cover you use depends on what you need to protect it from and whether or not you want easy access to work on it. What are your circumstances?
Boat will be stored on a lift outside year round. Won’t be towing it anywhere. Just want a quality cover that won’t need to be replaced every couple of years. Haven’t been able to find any in Northern California, Sacramento area. Anyone know a shop I can order it from?

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@jman I use a high GSM polypropylene sunsail fabric. Boat cover I drape it over the canopy. It protects from uv and sheds most of the rainwater. The fabric is breathable and is supposed to last 5 years. That works for me in southern Florida. I also like it because, I always have easy access to the boat. It cost me just over $200.