• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looked at a boat today...several.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
7 years from retiring, no to wakeboarding, and I can afford to pay cash for a new Yamaha...but the wife, well, she wants to sell off everything and prepare to die not having one obligation...

Reactions: Gym

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
7 years from retiring, no to wakeboarding, and I can afford to pay cash for a new Yamaha...but the wife, well, she wants to sell off everything and prepare to die not having one obligation...
LMFAO. My wife wants to do the same thing so I told her "don't be silly, it would make much more sense to kill me off and collect the insurance."

Last edited:

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I hear ya Jim...if I have to live a life of just existing until I die, she might as well!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I would love a Chappy Signature300...but it is just too much money to lay out unless it is used. I don't find any freshwater in my range close by for some reason. The year before we bought the 230, we did a demo and spent almost an afternoon with an individual on Lake Texoma with one, and he had bought a 42' Sea Ray Sundancer...now that was a NICE boat! But the chappy, it was in excellent condition and I was a fool to walk away from it. We have the desire to enjoy a boat in the marina...just haven't accepted the cost of doing so.

RumDiet

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A 24 footer for weekending will get real small in a hurry - especially if you have kids. The extra berth usually is where all the "stuff" goes - so if someone is sleeping there all the "stuff" has to go somewhere else. Or if the berth is one of those fold down the table and make the bed deals - which is commonly the case, you will be literally sleeping on top of each other if there is another couple along for the weekend. ( I suppose that could be a good thing. . . . :playful:) Planning on using a portable genny for ac is not a good idea - they are not marine units - take up a lot of space when not in use, and present a real danger of CO poisoning. Even a 28' is small but a lot more dooable than the 24' - Have you thought about keeping the Yami and keeping the larger boat in the water? IOs are great for shallow water and have their advantages - but the OD service which has to be done EVERY year can be expensive - I have B-3s on the Cruiser and spend about $600. each year on the OD service alone. And that does not count the Zincs (mine take 6 each - about $200.). I'm sure whatever decision you make will be best for you and your family. The "hunt" is one of the fun parts of boating. Can't wait to see what you decide. I've uploaded a photo of our "other boat" Justa Little Bit Longer - she is 32' Just enuf for two.

Attachments

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Well, I can honestly say that when i retire, I hope to have a go fast cruiser boat. Something that would be able to sleep me and the wife and maybe have a microwave, but be able to go 70 mph across big lakes, or out to the Bahamas or something.
but being able to outright buy the boat is a big deal too because then you have no debt when you retire!
You know your finances and realistic situations.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Might as well hit the Nursing Home up to your neck in debt. Two choices: 1) Scrimp and save and give it all to the Nursing Home (can drain the biggest nest-egg in no time) or 2) be in debt up to your eyeballs and let the govt pay the bill 'cause you don't have anything to take.

Sigh. No, I can't live like that - but I dream sometimes...