• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Looking at 2017 Chaparral 243 VRX with ASP - advice appreciated

bspeed78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I am looking at a 2017 Chaparral 243 VRX with ASP. On paper, it checks all the boxes of what I am looking for. I would love to hear from experience Jet boaters on what I should be looking for and at as I take this boat for a test drive. It has the later build on the superchargers, engine model ends in AF so the 200 hour rebuild should not be required. I'll be thoroughly inspecting the bucket and bucket movement, watching revs to match on engines, testing ballast load and unload... what else should I be paying close attention to? Any advice and feedback is much appreciated!!!

Yup, main thing is having a dealer close enough that will work on them if you need something done. Nice boat though.

Thanks - I am calling around tomorrow to confirm we have local service options. The test ride went well, all seemed to be in working order with no codes thrown or anomalies. She had an amazing hole shot and cruised smooth in the mid 50s. The starboard engine had a significant SC whine compared to the port engine. The other concern was with loaded ballast and creating a wave I did notice a bit of white smoke, but it didn't linger so thinking it could be more steam coming off the hot components being under water with the ballast load. You can see and hear it in vids here..New video by Bruce Schonk

Any thoughts on either concern?

Last edited:
Back