• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking at 230 boat

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe another auction? Description said trailer *not* included.
I would bid with confidence with someone local to inspect and confirm it looks and feels legit. Without seeing it, it seems a bit risky. Still thinking about it

Smassey22180

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would bid with confidence with someone local to inspect and confirm it looks and feels legit. Without seeing it, it seems a bit risky. Still thinking about it
I see it now. It says trailer included above in the specifics. Then trailer not included in the description.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At that price point I don't see much to loose on it unless both motors are shot. Even then I don't think those motors are that expensive. If I wasn't vested in so many other things I would bid but if I come home with a third boat I will be shot.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, looks like there is no reserve, just the minimum, which is like a reserve.
The vid shows both engines working, at least. That would be an absolute steal for around 10k.

Well, good luck @Beachbummer -- I'm rooting for you!!!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
At that price point I don't see much to loose on it unless both motors are shot. Even then I don't think those motors are that expensive. If I wasn't vested in so many other things I would bid but if I come home with a third boat I will be shot.
Rebuilt MR-1 HO engines are around $3K each. So bad engines would negate any purchase discount. My understanding is that MR-1s were more expensive to produce that 1.8s due to higher quality materials used in them.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks, I want the 23ft of the 230 to make it worthwhile with the boat size,vs my 1800

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks, I want the 23ft of the 230 to make it worthwhile with the boat size,vs my 1800
It will be a huge difference. Going from a Yamaha LX210 to a SX230 was a smaller but still huge upgrade. The difference in ability to carry passengers and handle rough water will be well worth the upgrade cost.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@veedubtek here you go bud a cheap replacement or @Ramblin Wreck a nice starter boat to see if boating is something for you.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Enough advertising, no need to tell too many people about this.... LOL

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There's another one on there for 11k too. Cheap boats for everyone!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Beachbummer brought this boat to our attention because he wants to buy it!
Sorry thought he said he wasn't comfortable buying it with out seeing it or having someone inspect it for him. I didn't realize he was going to buy it @Beachbummer sorry bud just let everyone know what you decide it's a good group here no one will try and steal it if your going to buy it.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not at all, it's a free country. I expect anyone with a mild interest in it has seen it on eBay. Thanks to all for the support, we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is a crazy low starting price....even if it has no trailer, bimini and a torn cover....I wonder if it has a reserve price on it.....
That is just an opening bid. Thè seller may have a minimum of 12 or 14k.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This one has no reserve.
Hopefully that is the case and there will be no gimmicks. But they can pull out just before closing if there is no action.

Has anyone been able to listen to the engines running in the video clip? To me those sound fine, but of course it is just idle.
It does seem like sellers are good people and a good boat. I could be wrong of course.

Good luck @Beachbummer! Who knows, this boat could be heading to Bimini next year, LOL. :D

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've bought and sold many things on eBay. If you bid and don't get a reserve not met message there is no reserve. You can retract your bid but not within 24 hours of the auction's end as I recall.

I think this is a real deal. If it were in or close to CA here is what I would do to flip it for an easy $5k when the next boating season starts.

First, I'd put out a feeler bid to see if anyone else has is interested or to determine if the current high bidder has an auto bid set up such that it will continue to increase his bid until his bid limit is reached.

Next, of there is an auto bid in place, I would deplete by placing incremental bids until I am the high bidder or the boat is out of my price range.

Finally, seal the deal by bidding in the last 30 to 60 seconds of the auction, i would put in the maximum id be willing to pay but the system would only bid to the next increment above anyone else's high bid. As long as no one else puts in a higher bid, automatically or manually, in the few seconds remaining in the auction I will win it.

For this kind of money I'd pay in cash and in person, if the boat is not as advertised I wouldn't go though with the deal. I would rather get a negative or neutral feedback on something like this than be stuck with an expensive lemon.

My guess is that this will be bid up to $13k before the auction is over.

Also just because there is no reserve doesn't mean the seller is willing to get rid of it cheap. He could ask a friend or relative to place the winning bid on it if it does not look like he will get the amount he wants for it than just not complete the transaction and not complain about it. He may even be able to list it again for free, depends on how he set up the auction.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Same year as my boat a few things caught my eye. The engine air filter covers have the screws ripped out and look like they were sitting in the sun . The hull is stained at the water line this is due to sitting in salt water most likely the jet pumps have massive amounts of corrosion . Some items in the engine compartment have rust on them that I don't see on mine could have been submerged by superstorm sandy . The water came up 5 feet in that area ask if an insurance claim was ever used