• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking at a 2008 SeaDoo Challenger 180

Robski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hey first post here! Looking into getting my first boat. I was looking for anything reasonable then i saw the Yamaha AR190s and was looking heavy at those. Then my buddy said he has an 08' SeaDoo Challenger thats been sitting in his yard for 4 years...womp womp....

He did say it was uncovered :rolleyes:. And a branch fell and broke the flat glass panel. And the stereo doesn't work. Aside from making sure everything else works anything in particular i should be worried about? He said it has less than 10 hours on it. How much should i look to get it for? He said $10k but im sure i can get him down some.

It's tough with it being a friend. If he is willing to put some money into it to let you test/drive it and it runs great and compression is good, $10K may not be a bad deal, but you will need new upholstery and the glass work. Also need to check the hull throughout, make sure water did not puddle and blister/rot anything.

Good Luck.

On an older boat, condition is everything, and the condition of this one is pretty terrible.

It's tough with it being a friend. If he is willing to put some money into it to let you test/drive it and it runs great and compression is good, $10K may not be a bad deal, but you will need new upholstery and the glass work. Also need to check the hull throughout, make sure water did not puddle and blister/rot anything.

Good Luck.

On an older boat, condition is everything, and the condition of this one is pretty terrible.
Yeah i know with it being a friend. Always take my other friend who has had many boats with me to check them out. Looking to get family on the water this season not for a project. Thanks

Good Luck.

Hi

Hi I Have a 1997 Seadoo Challenger lots of upgrades go it up to 50MPH. Let me know if you’re interested. I purchased a 2018 Scarab 195G w/18 hrs in August and didn’t get around to showing my Seadoo to sell this past summer.

Attachments

• EC97A41A-415D-4DC0-B6C0-D911D3382058.jpeg
    EC97A41A-415D-4DC0-B6C0-D911D3382058.jpeg
    552.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 25C52C50-A28F-4FF5-B2A1-850948C2A8C9.jpeg
    25C52C50-A28F-4FF5-B2A1-850948C2A8C9.jpeg
    476.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 5B6A3D30-C3C3-4FF1-A049-83FB3FB87088.jpeg
    5B6A3D30-C3C3-4FF1-A049-83FB3FB87088.jpeg
    674.5 KB · Views: 7
Don't forget to include in the classified section.

It's this the 16ft version? What engines does it have? Good luck with the sale

Back