• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need advice - Looking at a 2013 limited with 90hrs

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would ask if there's a particular reason he thinks the wear rings, in our boats people don't have to normally change them but with the skis it seems like I always here people replacing them, (sidenote, I've got a friend with a seadoo switch and no dealer in his area, he had cavitation, took it to the local marina, they gladly replaced the wear rings but didn't say a word about the impellers which were unbelievably marred, now he's changing the impellers)

When you look up from underneath you can see the impellers and where they spin, if it's all chewed up, maybe there's a problem,

it's not uncommon for the wear rings to have slight grooves that you could feel with your fingernail but anything larger may be a concern,

also a jetski shop can help with reading hours or changing wear rings and impellers probably for a lot less than a dealer,

if your at full stop, put the throttles full forward, you get pushed back in your seat, in less than 5 seconds your on plane and you top out above 40mph I wouldn't worry about it,

Oeser12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Second guy sounds like a honest guy.
They both seem to be honest. The second one just scares me a bit because I'm new and have no idea what worst case scenario could be, but I will investigate the best I can. I am mechanically inclined and not totally in the woods around equipment...just not boats per se.

Oeser12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Would this scratch be off any concern? I will verify Sunday. So long as it's not all the way through. IMG_20230908_185907.jpg

Fishwater2002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They both seem to be honest. The second one just scares me a bit because I'm new and have no idea what worst case scenario could be, but I will investigate the best I can. I am mechanically inclined and not totally in the woods around equipment...just not boats per se.
Again, I just went through this with my boat, a new wear ring & impeller from PartZilla will run you $434, the tool to remove the impeller is $20 on Amazon. I’d guess since it’s your first time it would take 2 hours max to change the wear ring & impeller ( not counting the fight you may have just loosening the impeller but plenty of threads on how people got them loose to follow here) if it even needs the wear ring replaced. I just returned my stuff two weeks ago since much like you I bought it due to the old owner stating it needed replacement. If you’re at all mechanically inclined these items are not difficult to replace & wouldn’t scare me away if the rest of the boat checked out.

Oeser12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Proud to say that we are going to be jet boat owners (first time boat owners in general)!!! Left a deposit on the 2013 limited s today. No issues with the wear ring just an owner that likes to be aware of potential issues and takes care of his stuff. Put 'er in the water and with the two of us, we were up to 52mph at 7800rpm. Definitely snappy and was up on the water in no time. Will be looking for new mats for the rear platform area just to spruce it up. Thanks so much to all of you for your guidance!

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to the club, and quickly realizing that people are not kidding when they tell you what boat truly stands for (Bring Out Another Thousand).