• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking at a 2012 210 challenger

Kevin hughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I don't know much about these boats my dealers tell me to stay away from the sea doo because the super charger need rebuilt all the time. This has the 310hp so not sure if it's super charged or not? Haven't seen it yet. I've been looking for a Yamaha but they are few around here. What kind of maintenance and such an i looking at on this boat? It looks to be in New shape from pics and around 80hrs on it. What should I look for?
Thanks all for any info

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
There's a very active forum for Seadoos (just Google Seadoo Forum) where you're sure to find lots of advice.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
310hp will be a pair of 155hp engines - these are not supercharged. The engines are pretty reliable, I think what I'd be most concerned with (outside of the usual compression etc.) Would be the wear rings, with that low of hours they should be fine.

I had initially wanted a 210 challenger as I have seadoo skis and was familiar with them. I ended up in a 23 foot yamaha for less money, more power, and probably equal or better reliability. I'm not sure about the 155s, but all the supercharged versions require premium gas, the yamaha does not.

The seadoo will need your normal oil and filter changes, spark plugs, but also since it has closed loop cooling, the coolant needs changed (the yamaha pulls from the body of water it's in for cooling). People act like the impeller wear rings are general upkeep items on the seadoos.

The best advice I can give you is to check them both out. Having the cleanout ports on the yamaha was a big selling feature for me. The yamaha did feel smaller to me, I think because it has more space on the swim deck and the seafood have a larger sun pad. Good luck in your search, you can't really go wrong either way.