• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking at a 2018 242X wake nozzles vs 242L

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So at the boat show today and the Owner / dealer said he can index the nozzles on the 242 Limited so it will work the same as the 242x. Any thoughts on this? But still have not figured out if we want a 212 or the 242. We have a 1998 270 exciter and have a need for speed so looking at the 212 L/X .

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board, we don't have many two stroke members any more! Have you upgraded your oil lines or changed to pre mix?

as for speed, I don't think there is really much difference in top end on either of those boats,

we did have a short discussion about possibly changing the point direction on the nozzles to imitate the new surf set up but I think it was to late in the year for any of our avid surfers to post results.

Are you more interested in surfing or going fast?

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
We wake board a bit would like to do more but still learning. I drive the Exciter like a race car. But most people do not care for the wild ride I push it till I scare myself so I now they have to be freaking out Lol. I see most of the time people want to hangout and do some water sports on the boat. With the exciter it's like a puzzle moving around the boat and I have to return to shore or dock to switch out passengers.