• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking at a used SX210 with 200 hours today what should I be inspecting closest?

tjkober

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are "want to be" jet boat owners and have looked at the late model SX190's but today have a chance to look at a 2011 SX210 that has 200 hours on the engines. Based on what I can find 200 hours, if they were well maintained and documented hours, aren't of any longevity concern correct?

So up to 200 hours other than spark plugs, oil changes and lubrication what other maintenance "should" have been done so far?

What else/additional aspects should I be most careful to inspect?

I know it has cobra jet steering, new steering cables and a new battery but what else is crucial outside of overall exterior and interior condition and a fair price?

Thank You!

Last edited:

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not much help but I paid 17,500 for my 2006 AR210 about 3/4 years ago. Not sure how many hours on the engine but the boat was mint.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are "want to be" jet boat owners and have looked at the late model SX190's but today have a chance to look at a 2011 SX210 that has 200 hours on the engines. Based on what I can find 200 hours, if they were well maintained and documented hours, aren't of any longevity concern correct?

So up to 200 hours other than spark plugs, oil changes and lubrication what other maintenance "should" have been done so far?

What else/additional aspects should I be most careful to inspect?

I know it has cobra jet steering, new steering cables and a new battery but what else is crucial outside of overall exterior and interior condition and a fair price?

Thank You!
Those motors have been in rental het skis for many many hours. 200 hours is like 5 years of use for us. I would not be concerned but I would want to put a yds on it to check it.

Last edited:

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
200 hours on these Yamaha engines is just scratching the surface. :) I know I have twice that or more on mine. Runs like a champ still. :thumbsup:

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anything concerning about condition should be apparent aside from engines. Tears in seats... especially on the bottom sides (shoe goo can fix; but expensive if you need to recover), scratches in gel coat (especially check the keel and by the bow roller for spider cracks), lights, stereo, impellers (get on your back with a flashlight) no nicks on leading/outer edges and rust free is best, nozzle condition (no ugly white deposits; but it can be cleaned, sealant around new cables (outside and inside hull), for that one pull the clean out tray acccess and also look for ugly deposits in the bilge with the flashlight, scupper drain- upgraded to stainless? If not, pull the flapper up and look around the circumference of the white plastic for a crack, clean out plugs remove and install easily, hull graphics for condition (they can be removed but you will need to buff), trailer brakes (disks look normal and calipers free of corrosion, trailer tires (check date of mfg- a full set of tires can add up), trailer lights (led?), bunk boards (carpet trashed? Boards rotten?- tap underside with screwdriver), bearing buddy’s protruding blue plastic ring?

As for the engines, the best way to know you are not buying a problem is a lake run and a compression check (I had a dealer do it when I bought mine). It is also good to get a YDS report for any past faults and total hours by rpm range. I also suggest looking under the exhaust manifold with a mirror or iPhone video at the #3 cylinder for any weird deposits on the crank case that indicate a leak. It is rare. It can happen (especially on older than 2011).

Also, I still prefer the original SX210 to the new versions for a multitude of reasons. Don’t get me wrong, a new boat is great; but this model was well done.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would also get the YDS readout, a pwc shop can do it if there's not a boat dealer around you,

if everything else looked out the water test is going to be the biggest tell tale, make sure he or you hit the throttles wide open and it throws you back, if you ease into it you can hide cavitation,