• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy Looking at buying a 07 to 09 230

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Hey guys I sold my boat a couple months ago . Now I'm looking for another thinking of getting a 07 to 09 230 . Is there anything special I need to look for . And is the computers still a problem in these years . Thanks for any help

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The computers are only issue if u have a very strange series of event that dump loads and loads of water over the engine bay..

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The 230 series was a great boat overall. I had the 232 Limited S and the only differences in the 232 series was they had more options on them when new (like today). The high-Output Mr1's will spin up to about 10,500 RPM at sea level and they can get a little pitchy. That model wasn't known for its quiet. Overall those engines have millions of hours on them and they are rock-solid.h

The main thing to think of off hand that I'd consider it a MUST do is change the scupper if it is still plastic. On that model they sole drain overboard is located below the water line and they are known to become brittle and break. Use the search feature to search "scupper replacement" and you'll get loads of reading on the topic. The price to change this out is less than $75 and about 1/2 day of time. Go with a stainless one and don't look back.

Other than that, I'd look for one that's in good shape and if possible has maintenance records.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
check out the link in my signature below,

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
The computers are only issue if u have a very strange series of event that dump loads and loads of water over the engine bay..
I know they were problems in the 03 to 06 because of the design just want sure if it was a problem with these

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great boat like the other said. Biggest issue I've seen on them is the seats are worn out on like every single one. Partly an age thing, partly I think that's about the only place yamaha skimped. Great boat.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve got an 07 sx230 and an 08 sx230 with the ar230 tower on it I can sell... I’m in Virginia, and they are freshwater boats.

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great boat like the other said. Biggest issue I've seen on them is the seats are worn out on like every single one. Partly an age thing, partly I think that's about the only place yamaha skimped. Great boat
Have agree with @BlkGS on this point. Great boat, solid engines but the upholstery wares fast. Mine's in the shop now getting all new upholstery.