• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking at New Wakesurf Board… Opinions Wanted

chatt230

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As I get further into the process of getting my wave dialed in, I’m quickly wanting to upgrade from the LF Fish 5.6 and the CWB Tsunami I’m currently on. I got a taste of a custom surf style board behind a Mastercraft so now I’m looking for one myself. I’m looking for one skim style and one surf style for myself. I’ll probably keep the other boards for boat boards. So for skim style, I’m considering the P5 Hammerhead, P5 Diamond, O’Brien Space Dust (cheaper option), and a custom Lakewakes skim. For surf style, I’m considering a Lib Tech Air’n, Liquid Force Pod, Liquid Force Happy Pill, Liquid Force Bonzer Bat, Doomswell Neo, Ronix Flyweight Bat Tail, any Soulcraft surf style (recommendations?), Hyperlite Quad, Ronix Potbelly, Ronix Koal, P5 Doctor, and a Custom Pure board (company local to me with good rep). What are your guys’ thoughts on these boards? And what sizes would work best behind our boats? I’m 5’ 9” and 190 pounds behind a 2008 AR230 with 1700 pounds of ballast (about to order wedge and 1000 more pounds of ballast). Thanks!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The difference between my LF fish and my slingshot cobra cat is night and day,

If you're upgrading you definitely want one that is lighter, I don't know the difference in mfg process but there is one,

the slingshot is definitely a different ride,

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a Liquid Force Keene and love it, fast and loose.

chatt230

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for your input guys! I ended up selling my boards and I got a good deal on a 5’ 4” LF Rocket for a boat board that cost me less than the Fish. The Rocket was being sold with an old LF Custom, which I pretty much got for free, so I’m gonna give that a shot before looking at more skims. I also decided to go with the Lib Tech Air’n for a surf style board. I’ll update when I get to test all of them out.

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Surf: Doomswell Neo all day long; twice the surfable length on your wake, 1.5 times the depth to the side of the boat and you can top float for 1-3 seconds which is a lot of fun.

Skim: Liquidforce TC Skim or Keen are amazing for quick flicks and 360's