• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking for a boat this fall

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Been a long summer so far, and just finished camping with my family and friends for our annual 4th of July trip. It really sucked not having a boat. Almost made me not want to even be there but beer filled the gap. Anyways going to start looking for my next boat. I’m back and forth between wake boats and Yamaha’s but keep coming back to the Yamaha, esp the 242x. Myself, nor anyone in my family will ever be a professional boarder, so the jet will suffice. If anyone has a beat on this exact boat heading in to the off season let me know.

Attachments

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We are definitely loving ours!! I know a few people have posted electronics issues, or just general concerns as more things are added to the computer vs analog gauges... but everything worked fine on ours right out of the gate.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@MattFX4 check with @robert843 he has a gently used 2017 ar240 might fit your needs for cheaper then new.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are definitely loving ours!! I know a few people have posted electronics issues, or just general concerns as more things are added to the computer vs analog gauges... but everything worked fine on ours right out of the gate.
How’s the audio? My ‘15 came with the Polk 6.5’s but I swapped them out with JL, added JL amps, sub, etc and it rocked. Really don’t want to have to do all that again.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How’s the audio? My ‘15 came with the Polk 6.5’s but I swapped them out with JL, added JL amps, sub, etc and it rocked. Really don’t want to have to do all that again.
I think they finally figured it out on the ‘19. It’s got plenty for the casual listener stock.

I feel like it could use another sub, or maybe the existing isn’t powered right. It just feels a bit weaker than I expected.

And, some may say that you still need to add speakers by the captains chairs.

But, it’s plenty for me as it is for now.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Watching!

242xs are sexy, I love the looks and all, the new COnnext is supposed to be a massive improvement over the v.1, and so are the new pumps. Also that big bimini rocks, can;t really get it on any other boat that size with a tower.

Yet, QC still sucks, they just don;t seem to care. I was on a new G23 aupernautique yesterday, gees... Different price tag for sure, but if I was on a deep lake with a lift and wanting to surf, there you go. No transom bags, lol.

We are happy with the 240 but we constantly travel with it in tow, it would be a big hassle with a bigger/heavier boat, and at home we are in a shallow river before we get to some deeper coves.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Watching!

242xs are sexy, I love the looks and all, the new COnnext is supposed to be a massive improvement over the v.1, and so are the new pumps. Also that big bimini rocks, can;t really get it on any other boat that size with a tower.

Yet, QC still sucks, they just don;t seem to care. I was on a new G23 aupernautique yesterday, gees... Different price tag for sure, but if I was on a deep lake with a lift and wanting to surf, there you go. No transom bags, lol.

We are happy with the 240 but we constantly travel with it in tow, it would be a big hassle with a bigger/heavier boat, and at home we are in a shallow river before we get to some deeper coves.
I bought my 2015 242 with intentions of keeping it a few years and then swapping to a wake boat when my son (18 months at the time) got older. He will be 5 next summer so still really not to the age of ripping it up on a surf or wake board. It’s tough decision because I really would love to have a wake boat but when I was at the boat show back in September the only thing I really liked were the Supra’s, Nautiques, and some of the higher end boats. Don’t get me wrong, the moombas, and other value boats are very nice and well built, but just seem too plain. Step on a Supra SL with all the bells and whistles and then compare that to an Axis. I’m not even going to attempt to compare a 242x to a Supra, but to me the Yamaha has some of those nicer things at a value price point. Large screen, the vinyl/color pattern on the seats, awesome tower, etc. It doesn’t feel like a stripped down boat. I don’t know I may change my mind and go with a v drive. Going to see if anything comes out new later this year when 2020’s are revealed.

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've been going back and forth on this as well. My wife used to surf when we lived in Cali and so I want to be able to provide her with the best wave that I can. The boat will be on a hoist in a pretty deep lake so no issues there.

But our kids are small (8 and 5) and I think the huge swim deck on the Yamahas will be really nice for swimming and tubing which is what we'll be doing most of the time. My wife's cousin has a SeaRay I/O and the little one struggled climbing all the way up the ladder and onto the top of the motor.

From what I'm reading here, I think a '19 or '20 242X with the Gantlin transom bag and WakeBooster will be enough for her to surf while giving us the versatility to swim and tube with friends. The family likes the blue as well. Going to wait and see what the 20's looks like and then see what the dealers have left over and if they'll deal.