• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking for a Yamaha 195S

Steelfish

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hi, I’m looking to buy a 2020 195S but having issues finding them. Are they scarce due to the pandemic and the boats not being mfg and/or demand? I’m in NC and the dealers I’ve contacted said they were sold out. Any recommendations on finding one. Also, my garage is 9’ wide and 7’5” high. Will the tower fold down and fit? I think the width should be ok since the beam is 8’2”?

Appreciate any help.

Last edited:

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Good luck finding one! And yes it should fit into a garage with that dementions. Will be a tight fit, but should work perfectly fine

Steelfish

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thank you. Does the tower fold or do you have to unscrew it to get it to fit in garage?

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thank you. Does the tower fold or do you have to unscrew it to get it to fit in garage?
They fold down, I have an '18. Maybe someone with a 19 or 20 will chime in but I'm pretty sure you can fit it in by just folding the tower down with a 7'5" door height without doing any modifications. My door is only 7 foot so I had to do a couple things but I get her in

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
They fold down, I have an '18. Maybe someone with a 19 or 20 will chime in but I'm pretty sure you can fit it in by just folding the tower down with a 7'5" door height without doing any modifications. My door is only 7 foot so I had to do a couple things but I get her in
Right. My door is about 2-3” too short for the “knob” of the tower to fit. So I drop the tongue and tuck the tower knob in and then out it back up on the jack stand and push it into our garage. I even took a hydraulic floor jack and welded a 2” ball to it so we can tuck and maneuver the tower under the door.

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The beam isn't the issue with the width. It's the trailer fenders. They are a little less than 9' wide, at least on my 19 AR195. If your door is exactly 9' wide, you won't have more than a few inches on each side if you're perfectly lined up. Fortunately it's just the length of the fenders that'll be tight. The rest should fit okay including the height. But you may have to remove the bimini from the tower to make it clear. I did on mine and my wife volunteered to get into the two compartments to adjust the tower's cable length. All good now.

Steelfish

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thank you again. I was thinking that the beam was wider a than the trailer fenders but sounds like it’s not. If I can find one available, I’ll have to measure the width. Thanks for all the helpful replies.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
That one in NJ I posted in the second post is a good deal. The guy documented a lot of upgrades on the Facebook yamaha page. Consider making the drive.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The beam isn't the issue with the width. It's the trailer fenders. They are a little less than 9' wide, at least on my 19 AR195. If your door is exactly 9' wide, you won't have more than a few inches on each side if you're perfectly lined up. Fortunately it's just the length of the fenders that'll be tight. The rest should fit okay including the height. But you may have to remove the bimini from the tower to make it clear. I did on mine and my wife volunteered to get into the two compartments to adjust the tower's cable length. All good now.
Right. My boat is 7’ 6” at the beam, I have a 8am for. So I thought no big deal. However, the door opening is 96” (8’) but it’s framed in 1” trim making the opening really 94” wide. The trailer is 94” wide.

I had to cut notch cuts in the trim and make it “removeable” and even then I have to have it absolutely lined up perfect as I only have an 1” on each side max. We get it perfect then I just boost it over the garage ledge.

Once the wheels are in, I unhook and push it the rest of the way to be safe. I pull the boat to the ledge getting it perfectly centered and then I hook. I then slowly roll straight out. I have slightly rubbed the fender on the frame a time or two, the boat sits inboard the fender some so nothing hurt at all.