• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Looking for advice on SUPs

Here is how I'm going to transport my sup (probably in the head compartment until it gets worn a little before it makes its way to the ski locker).

The inflatible works best for my family since it allows us to take it with us easily even without the boat and compact storage is a big plus as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
So just bought my wife a YOLO Board for her birthday. She's very happy, because she's been wanting one so bad. Now the tough part. She wants to bring the 10 1/2 foot board boating with us. She thinks it can go on top of the wakeboard tower. I don't see it.

My question is how am I going to transport this thing. I've read some of the suggestions above and sounds like inside the boat is what's gonna happen. But does anybody have ANY other ideas or know of a product that is sold to bring these on the boats? Thanks

Here is some related advice, actually observations on sups from a person who has had one out on the water just twice so far. First, the sups fin is secured by a barrel shaped nut and bolt, don't forget to use them or there is a good chance you will lose your fin like I did. As it turns out the fin helps with lateral stability not just tracking. Second, sup paddles, at least the version I had, don't float. I found this out the second time we took the sup out (with a fin a carved out do chopping board).

Cost wise the sup was $500, the replacement fin was $15, $25 including shipping. The new paddle was $60, $85 including shipping. Yeah, this new thing is starting out great for me. I'm bitching but still like the SUP as do my family and friends. I just bought some great stuff foam for the bottom half of the paddle and an oversized pool noodle (roll bar pad) from pep boys to put on the outside of the paddles shaft. Hopefully I can get it to float without making it hard or uncomfortable to use. My wife just came up with a new rule, when not in use, secure the paddle to the sup with the lanyard. Thankfully, her cousin lost the paddle not me. Although, I still ended up paying for the replacement at least the bill didn't come with a free guilt trip.

Right on Ronne. When we bought our YOLO, we also bought an accessory that has 2 suction cups on it and it doubles as an extra carrying hand and the paddle snaps down into the top of it. Great accessory. I'd recommend it

What? I have to get one of those. Please elaborate with name, pic etc if possible.

Looks like it's from www.paddle-buddy.com
Here's some pics. The pics are of it on the bottom of the board in my garage. It goes on the top. I just stuck it on real quick to take a pic for you.

20140710_231343_resized.jpg 20140710_231351_resized.jpg 20140710_231425_resized.jpg

Thank you. I already have one of those ram suction cups so I know they work great, pricey but I got the cheapest (still good) paddle available and it was $85 including shipping. Is it meant to stay mounted on the top when the board is in use? Where? I'm guessing the center at or near the handle, right? I may have to move it to the front where there is no hydro turf like material. I will see if it will work at all tomorrow morning. Thanks again @ToddW850 .

Thank you. I already have one of those ram suction cups so I know they work great, pricey but I got the cheapest (still good) paddle available and it was $85 including shipping. Is it meant to stay mounted on the top when the board is in use? Where? I'm guessing the center at or near the handle, right? I may have to move it to the front where there is no hydro turf like material. I will see if it will work at all tomorrow morning. Thanks again @ToddW850 .

Yeah we keep it mounted on the top side, up from the hydro turf stuff and more toward the side.

I was about to order the paddle buddy but found and used a strap that is used to secure tow ropes instead. I'm just not sure where to mount it, on the existing handle or on the ring that holds the lanyard. I also filled the paddle with foam and put foam on the exterior of the shaft (just need to verify that the paddle will float preferably with just the foam inside of the shaft). Total cost around $2 (for the foam).
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back