• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking for boating vacation ideas

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Lake Okeechobee has been in the news the last couple of years for being very polluted. IMO there are literally hundreds of better options in Florida. I'm thinking of coming up to your backyard (Lake Marion/Moultrie) the weekend of 8/19 as it falls in the path of totality for the solar eclipse. I assume you've worn out this lake chain by now?
For both Lakes make sure you have good GPS maps or you will probably bounce off the bottom a number of times. I full agree with @robert843 that while you are there to make the run down through Pinopolis lock down the river to Charleston and back.

druppert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very good information guys! I'll probably avoid them altogether. Shallow water is too nerve racking for me. I'll definitely check out Pinopolis though. We were looking at that stretch anyway

Smitty

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Check out lake James in the NC mountains. Camping sites where you can boat too.
I second the recommendation to check out lake James. We were there a few weeks ago, the lake is really clear and beautiful.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well lake James appears it could be what I'm looking for a nice clear water lake not to far away. I'm going to explore that option more not much of a camper so I will have to see what the rental house options are.

Smitty

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We booked our rental house at Lake James through VRBO.