• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Looking for experiences with the 212X

Santa_sleigh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I am in the market for a used 212X, currently have my eye on a 2010 212X and a 2015 212X. I did a water test drive of the 2010 today and was a little bit underwhelmed with the accelerations out of the hole. It felt a lot like my underpowered 2010 SeaRay 185 with the 135hp I/O with 4 adults on board. Also, the boat seemed to top out around 35mph at ~9k rpm.

I know the 2010 212X has the MR-1 engine, everything I've seen online says it's ~1000cc for that engine. Is that right? The seller told me the MR1s in his boat are 1.8L but it seemed like he was genuinely mistaken, not trying to pull a fast one on me, but who knows?

I am planning a test drive of the 2015 this weekend and am half hoping that the acceleration is better, but half hoping its not because the seller is asking almost double the asking price of the 2010.

Also, I'm really surprised to see the 21' series Yamahas are going for almost the same money as the same model year 24' series (used). Some basic research says there's about an 800lb dry weight difference and negligible fuel flow differences. Any thoughts/suggestions for comparing the 21' series and the 24' series? I am a family of 4 so either size should be more than big enough for just us, but it's great to have some extra capacity for family/friends.

I believe something isn’t right unless you’re at higher elevation. I have a 2008 212X with the MR-1’s and it will rocket to plane and routinely gets 52-54mph GPS. I’m sure the others on here with more input will chime in.

I have an 08 AR230 with MR1s and have no issues getting on plane, and my boat is 2 foot longer and around 4-500lbs heavier comparing factory dry weights. Something definitely wrong with the 2010 212X whether it be spark plugs, fuel issues, cavitation problems, and/or something else.

What are you going to primarily use the boat for? Water sports, sand bar chillin, poker runs?

What are you going to primarily use the boat for? Water sports, sand bar chillin, poker runs?
Kids are small right now, so mostly sand bar chillin, transom swimming, and sunburning, but hoping to grow into the watersports soon.

I have an 08 AR230 with MR1s and have no issues getting on plane, and my boat is 2 foot longer and around 4-500lbs heavier comparing factory dry weights. Something definitely wrong with the 2010 212X whether it be spark plugs, fuel issues, cavitation problems, and/or something else.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Seen lots of folks talk about replacing impellers, I guess we should add that to the list.

I believe something isn’t right unless you’re at higher elevation. I have a 2008 212X with the MR-1’s and it will rocket to plane and routinely gets 52-54mph GPS. I’m sure the others on here with more input will chime in.
wow 50+ MPH is significantly different than the 35 I saw yesterday. We weren't quite at WOT but I think that was at 9000 rpm which has got to be close, right??

Little difference on performance between the boats you are looking at. I would just shop features.

Does anyone know if there is a RPM/fuel flow/speed table for the 2010 212X similar to this one? I have found these tables for lots of different Yamahas but I haven't found one for the 212 with the MR-1s.

I am wondering how much extra speed the last 1000rpm between the 9000rpm I tested the boat at and the 10,000 redline would have gotten. As you can see from the table below, the last 500rpm between 7k and 7.5k got this boat ~6mph.

1718984340907.jpeg

212X with the 1.8L is a rocket - especially if you do the ribbon delete. No better boat for swimming and sunning or shallow running. Watersports - I'll give it a C- though (jet wash mostly). Get some steering fins and enjoy the reliability.

Back