• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking for feedback on Motorguide trolling motors

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Considering buying this trolling motor with 60" shaft and mounting on the bow of the 18' Outrage. We currently use the 115hp OB with a drift sock/drouge to keep our trolling speed between 1.8 and 2.4mph, depending on the wind. This is too high and too much variation between high and low. We also like the GPS pinpoint or spot lock function for Summer jigging of Lakers. We will most likely power the TM with a 24v, 100ah LiFePo4 battery. A few to consider. Any feedback on Motorguide trolling motors? We will be connecting it to our Lowrance elite fs 9.

Last edited:
I run a motorguide xi5 36v 60 inch shaft saltwater trolling motor with 3 60ah lifepo4 dakota lithium batteries. I have had no problems at all on my 210 fsh and have been completely satisfied with the performance. I have yet to run down the batteries and that includes fishing in inlets with real heavy current. It comes with a wireless pendant that works well but I bought an optional foot pedal and honestly it sucks. I also run a lowrance chartplotter and thought I might one day link the two but now that I have been using it I dont really see any reason to.

I run a 48v pack of the same battery type in the golf cart and use a victron energy battery meter. I was so impressed with it that I bought a victron smart shunt to use on the boat but just havent installed it yet.

I have the Xi5 24v on my fsh210. It has been a good trolling motor for the most part. It will lose its lock from time to time but not very often. I have the most problems with the remote it comes with, exactly the same as the xi3. they are junk, first one i had would eat batteries, some sort of internal parasitic drain. also the unit would do stupid shit like turn on its own and choke itself with the cord. Once i got a new remote it was fine, actually have two now. the plastic and screws the hold the remote cover together are a joke. I I do like how i can control the unit with my Simrad GO 12XSE, it makes it nice to mark holes and schools and have it navigate back over that target. Also, if something is up with the remote in can use the simrad to spot lock or set a heading with so i don't ruin a day of fishing.

Thanks guys, your review and your time are appreciated. I have seen a video about the wireless foot pedal not working well, bummer, I will skip that purchase.

Back