• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking for long term (after at least 1 year of use) reviews of the Seadoo Spark

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After spending too much time refueling my Son's 1996 WaveBlaster II this past weekend both my Wife and Son agree it's time to upgrade. Both like the Seadoo Spark and if we get one it will be a used 3up with the 90 hp engine. It will also be beached regularly.

I'm reluctant about it though because it's a Seadoo and I've watched a few horror stories about them on YouTube. Lots of complaints about the wear ring and/or carbon ring wearing out prematurely. So I am asking the members here who have had a spark for a year or more what they really think about it now and whether they would buy it again, why or why not?

I'm in no rush, if we decide to squeeze the trigger it would not be until February or so when the prices should be lower (currently see 2015 model with trailer for $5,800).

I'm looking forward to reading the responses to this.

Last edited:

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have two 2014 2 ups. They each have about 60 hours on them. When the Spark originally came out there were issues with the handle bars breaking, mine didn't break but both of them had the handle bars replaced under warranty. I did have a seat and reboarding step replaced under warranty because he release latch broke. I have not had any other issues. Since I bought them in the first year of production I did buy a 5 year extended warranty, but have not used it. We have a blast on them, they are so light and maneuverable. We don't baby them either, we jump wakes like crazy. Be sure to get the storage bin option and add some type of traction mat. I would definitely buy them again.IMG_20140711_183520_267.jpg IMG_20140809_144047_634.jpg

Here's my 17yo daughter in action.

IMG958763.jpg

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After spending too much time refueling my Son's 1996 WaveBlaster II this past weekend both my Wife and Son agree it's time to upgrade. Both like the Seadoo Spark and if we get one it will be a used 3up with the 90 hp engine. It will also be beached regularly.

I'm reluctant about it though because it's a Seadoo and I've watched a few horror stories about them on YouTube. Lots of complaints about the wear ring and/or carbon ring wearing out prematurely. So I am waking the me,bears here who have had a spark for a year or more what they really think about it now and whether they would buy it again, why or why not?

I'm in no rush, if we decide to squeeze the trigger it would not be until February or so when the prices should be lower (currently see 2015 model with trailer for $5,800).

I'm looking forward to reading the responses to this.
I wouldn't worry about the carbon seal. But you can always install a float switch bilge pump. Put the water exit out the side in front of your view

ridinpropless

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
How do they do towing a tube/skier? There's a lot to like about them, but as Ronnie said, there are things about SeaDoos in general that worry me. That said, they've been around a long time, so they have to be doing something right.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@ridinpropless I haven't towed with them so I can't comment on that. I bought mine in the first year they came out and was a little concerned about reliability so I bought a 5 year extended warranty for about 500.00 but only had to use it once for a seat latch.