• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking for New Hampshire/Maine mechanic

TexAg16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I just recently moved to the Portsmouth, NH area. Towed my boat all the way from Little Rock, AR…ask me about it.
Anyways, I’m bouncing around between Airbnb’s while I wait for my home to be ready to move into and my boat is sitting at a colleague’s property. I have no space or tools to work on the boat until I get all my stuff moved into my new house which is TBD…so I figured I would splurge and take the boat to a shop for the 3 year maintenance and spring servicing.

I have now called 3 different major boat centers and they all refuse to work on jet drives. Has anyone else ran into this issue? I don’t mind servicing it myself if I have to, but it begs the question…if something really went wrong with the boat outside of my basic DIY skills…where would I take it?

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have no idea about your area, but i have heard of jet ski shops that have done some work, or their mechanics do work on the side. Hopefully you get a solid answer to your question. Maybe put a feeler out on Facebook market place for a yamaha tech service, or something. I did see that IRWIN marine is a yamaha dealer in a brief search. You might give them a call if you havent already. Good luck
Boat Dealers Laconia NH | Boats For Sale Alton Bay & Hudson NH (irwinmarine.com)

TexAg16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks I discovered that after posting. I’m not sure why the Yamaha “Find a Dealer” didn’t populate anything for my zip code.