• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking for OEM Stereo Spacer

thepiratemorgan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Hello mates, finally picked up a 2015 Yamaha SX 192 in Red last Tuesday. Had her out on the water last two days, fast and fun. Naming soon and will post a pic here when it's all said and done ;-)

Anyway, the original owner "upgraded" the Clarion M502 to a JBL MR32 and, although he gave me the "old" Clarion head unit, there is no spacer to be found. The "spacer" is the black plastic that surrounds the OEM M502 or 302 depending on model (I'm sure other larger boats apply as well). He says what is in the box is what the dealer gave him back, so it looks like they tossed it. I've looked around Crutchfield and other audio sites but don't see anything that would appear to work because they're mostly car related. I want to revert back to the Clarion because I 'd rather have bluetooth capability vs. compact disc capability (I've moved on from the 80's ;-), apparently original owner did not). Anyway, willing to pay upwards of $20 total shipped (I'm in Central NY), if you have happened to upgrade your stereo and are no longer in need of it. The "part sites" and eBay are getting close to $28 - $30 shipped for it. Thanks!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just make a new one from a sheet of ABS. It's a simple rectangle. This is what we would do if you brought your boat to a car audio shop.

thepiratemorgan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Just make a new one from a sheet of ABS. It's a simple rectangle. This is what we would do if you brought your boat to a car audio shop.
This might be an option I'll consider.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you have a Dremel or jigsaw you can certainly make that piece. Even the rounded corners you could do by hand. I would go by your local car audio shop, buy a sheet of ABS from them and make it yourself. It would take no time at all and honestly you'd probably pay more in shipping from someone than it would be worth to make. I can measure mine for you to give you the dimensions if you want.

thepiratemorgan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I do have a dremel and I am handy, I'll look around for ABS. Once I pull the JBL install I'll have a better understanding of my needs.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think you can easily tackle this. Pretty simple.

IMG_9136.JPG

thepiratemorgan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Thanks for the pic of what the final product should look like!