• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking for YDS in Indy area

dscable

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hoping someone in the Indy or surrounding area may have a YDS that I can borrow/rent.

Here is a link to the thread discussing the problem that I am trying to diagnose: https://jetboaters.net/threads/hard-to-start-then-rough-idle.27293/

And, here is a copy/paste from that thread for those that don't want to click through:

Boat details:
2013 AR190, but has a 2016 AR240 engine, unsure of the hours (long story, but you can find the history by searching for "huge power loss" thread by member "Abovethebest" )

Facts:
Hard to start, warm or cold. Cranks for about 20 seconds before it will fire.
Runs very rough at idle, warm or cold, (lots of engine vibration) and dies at least 3 or 4 times after pushing away from the launch, especially if I try and apply any throttle.
have to idle for at least 3 or 4 min before I can apply throttle and take off without engine dying
Once running, engine runs fine at about 7600 RPM and seems to operate normally
I can run it across the lake for 20 min just fine, slow down to idle, let the engine cool off with the blower running, shut down and immediately go to restart....same issue....hard to start and rough idle.
Boat has had a check engine light since I purchased late last year, but unsure if/how I can read it without a YDIS.
No Wake switch does not work (not my main issue)

What have I done?
Replaced battery with brand new Group 27 Dual Purpose Duralast, fully charged each time before heading out.
checked all battery and starter connections (starter connection was loose when I purchased boat)
replaced No Wake switch
changed oil
changed spark plugs, replaced with OEM recommended NGK and checked proper gap
been through at least 2 tanks of gas with same issue
I had to replace the reverse gate cable because it was broke off clean at the gate, but shouldn't impact engine starting or idling

Thinking next step is SeaFoam (even though I have been through a couple of tanks) and possibly air filter....?? Saw SOME oil on one plug when I changed them, but wasn't soaked. Otherwise, plugs looked fairly normal.

Any suggestions would be REALLY appreciated, as I do not have a reliable dealer close and am headed out to Dale Hollow Lake for the July 4th holiday.