• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking on taking the plunge

Newflats212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hi Guys, I am looking on taking the plunge on 190 FSH Sport by year's end. At this point I am just doing my due diligence.
I have read a lot about the boat and I think it will fit my needs.
Budget will be around 38k (trolling motor, batteries, extras and add-ons). is this Doable or am I dreaming? I like the 190 because of the ease of maintenance compared to outboards(I Think), and they just look plain fun to drive.
Basically fishing nearshore reefs, bridges, inlets, and passes in south east Florida and some Florida west coast as well. For stupid skinny water I own a gheenoe. This would be primarily solo fishing and taking two or three people for light diving and sand bar runs. In my gheenoe anything over 1ft chop is PITA. So I am hoping this would give more latitude to go out the rest of the year and not having to need a prefect day like with the gheenoe. I don't like crazy weather either way, I don't care if I am on a 65ft Hateras, if the swells are more than 2-4/3-5 I prefer to stay inshore and head backcountry. I have boated all my life so is not a safety or lack of skill issue just comfort. When it gets rough is not fun for me and I head back in protected waters.That's just me though.
I have read a lot through the forum but I would like to know issues that should be addressed in the 2018 190 fsh before I head out in the water? what has been fixed by Yamaha and what hasn't? I know this might have been beaten to death in previous post and other forums but I just wanted some first hand knowledge. Is this boat capable of doing what I wanted to, safely/comfortably?(despite "on the reef's crazy bimini outings")
Are there any must have mods?

thanks, I hope to see ya guys on the water soon!

SgtBFGunner

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm new to this forum. Been stalking for a while now, but I just pulled the trigger and am picking up my 190 FSH Sport on Monday.
Reason I'm jumping in is that there is a$2000 rebate on 190 FSH's right now as well as some crazy financing. I'm sure some better deal will come along again at years end, but this one is posted ending June 30th.
Good luck!
Gary

Newflats212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hey Gary.
Yes I saw the offers, I wish I could do it right now but sadly the toy must wait. I hope you like though....
Good luck

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Budget will be around 38k
I think you would be pretty close to fit a 210 FSH. Major difference.
Especially if you can wait and get a new-ish used one in the Fall.

Of course for towing and storage 190s can't be beat.

--

SgtBFGunner

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
For me it could have been either the 190 or the 210. As a primary solo fisherman, I find the 190 to have a better layout for fishing. The net bucket in that back, bait well in the back, jump seats in the back that fold down to deck, cooler and storage in the front. Everything in the right place. The 210 seems to be more lounging oriented... plenty of seating. Personally I would appreciate the 210 with the 190's layout.
But for me, with the rebate, price difference and the layout I appreciated for fishing, it was a no-brainer.

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum.

I own a 2016 190 FSH deluxe
I had some quality control issues w my boat.
After some fighting w Yamaha, it all got fixed.
My journey was documented in this forum.
Got a $100 gift card from Yamaha for my hassle. I am an educated boat buyer “now”.

I paid $32k OTD and spent another $1500 in goodies. 4.25% APR for 15 years. Can’t be beat.

My opinion. Not trying to start a debate here...
It’s great for the lakes and light ocean duty.
It’s a pleasure boat, not a ship.
I find this boat more of a compromise than a “perfect boat” for me.
But I still feel that it is a good comprimise.
I personally rather keep my cash working in investments rather than being tied up in a toy.
The affordability of this makes boat ownership possible for me while being financially responsible. No Regrets...

Having a Yamaha engine is a big plus.

Being a Yamaha fan boy is cool, but you have to keep that part a secret because you will be attacked by trolls on this forum. I know... kinda weird considering most of us own Yamahas on here huh?
But be warned, they will come for you.

Boat feels pretty big for a 19’
It’s loaded w options.

But jetboat steering is a PIA if you are expecting it to behave like an outboard.
Yes there are steering enhancers, but it is still not the same. Test trial one. This steering thing is important... know what you are getting into when it comes to slow speed maneuvering.

All in all, It’s a pretty sweet 1st world panga.
I am greatful that I have only 1st world gripes about my boat.

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Being a Yamaha fan boy is cool, but you have to keep that part a secret because you will be attacked by trolls on this forum.
Being an amatuer mechanic, I've rebuilt many marine engines. I am now exclusively Yamaha for all my personal stuff (except for a Kawasaki 12F that my wife won't let me sell). I am officially a Yamaha 'fan boy'. Please, harass me! LOL

-Greg

Newflats212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I think you would be pretty close to fit a 210 FSH. Major difference.
Especially if you can wait and get a new-ish used one in the Fall.

Of course for towing and storage 190s can't be beat.

--
I think that is why i dont stretch my budget for a 210, towing and Storage.

For me it could have been either the 190 or the 210. As a primary solo fisherman, I find the 190 to have a better layout for fishing. The net bucket in that back, bait well in the back, jump seats in the back that fold down to deck, cooler and storage in the front. Everything in the right place. The 210 seems to be more lounging oriented... plenty of seating. Personally I would appreciate the 210 with the 190's layout.
But for me, with the rebate, price difference and the layout I appreciated for fishing, it was a no-brainer.
That is a big plus for me most of the outings are going to be solo fishing for sure. Having that front deck to chase snook and tarpoon on the beach with my fly rod in the summers is a big plus.

Welcome to the forum.

I own a 2016 190 FSH deluxe
I had some quality control issues w my boat.
After some fighting w Yamaha, it all got fixed.
My journey was documented in this forum.
Got a $100 gift card from Yamaha for my hassle. I am an educated boat buyer “now”.

I paid $32k OTD and spent another $1500 in goodies. 4.25% APR for 15 years. Can’t be beat.

My opinion. Not trying to start a debate here...
It’s great for the lakes and light ocean duty.
It’s a pleasure boat, not a ship.
I find this boat more of a compromise than a “perfect boat” for me.
But I still feel that it is a good comprimise.
I personally rather keep my cash working in investments rather than being tied up in a toy.
The affordability of this makes boat ownership possible for me while being financially responsible. No Regrets...

Having a Yamaha engine is a big plus.

Being a Yamaha fan boy is cool, but you have to keep that part a secret because you will be attacked by trolls on this forum. I know... kinda weird considering most of us own Yamahas on here huh?
But be warned, they will come for you.

Boat feels pretty big for a 19’
It’s loaded w options.

But jetboat steering is a PIA if you are expecting it to behave like an outboard.
Yes there are steering enhancers, but it is still not the same. Test trial one. This steering thing is important... know what you are getting into when it comes to slow speed maneuvering.

All in all, It’s a pretty sweet 1st world panga.
I am greatful that I have only 1st world gripes about my boat.
As far as the steering. Yeah I dont mind the learning curve actually sounds pretty darn fun to me.
I know its a pleasure boat but my other two options are lacking in some features that I really appreciate in the yamaha. My other options are a robalo r180 and a panga marine 19. The panga marine lacks amenities and seatting space. If plannig on doing sand bar trips or taking out the familiy this is going to be an issue, is way too utilitarian . Yes is more economical to run, fuel wise 2x, but after throwing in the extras its going to jump to 5-6k more than the yamaha, at least. At $65 dollars a tank thats a lot of fuel before ripping the economic benefits of the panga. Yes it is a lot more seaworthy because of the hull though. In The r180 there is somthing that has always threw me off of it and I cant place what it is. Amenities wise the r180 can be set up equally as the yamaha but it will cost about 9k more.
At the end of the day if forecast says 2-4 or more I am staying in protected waters and you will see me hiding out with the gheenoe in flamingo or the like.

Should I be worried about the one year warranty on the power plant?

Last edited:

Newflats212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Being an amatuer mechanic, I've rebuilt many marine engines. I am now exclusively Yamaha for all my personal stuff (except for a Kawasaki 12F that my wife won't let me sell). I am officially a Yamaha 'fan boy'. Please, harass me! LOL

-Greg
I was a tecnician in a past life though, now just do it for me and fun. Lol. Glad to hear Yamahas are easy to work on. The first thing that caught my eye is how much space there is in the engine and exahust bays. This is one thing that has always thrown me off about inboard power Plants.

Last edited:

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have owned my 190 FSH for 2 years now.. Still have not one regret buying it... I take it to Marathon and Islamorada 4-5 times a year and it has been wonderful in the Keys environment.. It is also perfect for my mostly usage in the Gulf...I have taken it out 20+ miles on good (smooth) days and ran like a champ... This was my first boat so I'm not familiar with outboards as much but after a short time I mastered the steering in the jetboat...I do recommend the thrust vectors they do help out considerably with low speed steering...It is a very easy boat to maintain... I do my own maintenance (oil changes, greasing, and spark plug changes) … Went to boat show today in Tampa with a buddy of mine who is looking to buy a boat and he too decided on the FSH and pulled the trigger...I saw nothing at the boat show that would sway me to make a trade... For the price you get a really nice functional boat.. that feels much bigger that a 19 footer because of the swim deck real estate. Its not a perfect boat, but its perfect for me.

Newflats212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have owned my 190 FSH for 2 years now.. Still have not one regret buying it... I take it to Marathon and Islamorada 4-5 times a year and it has been wonderful in the Keys environment.. It is also perfect for my mostly usage in the Gulf...I have taken it out 20+ miles on good (smooth) days and ran like a champ... This was my first boat so I'm not familiar with outboards as much but after a short time I mastered the steering in the jetboat...I do recommend the thrust vectors they do help out considerably with low speed steering...It is a very easy boat to maintain... I do my own maintenance (oil changes, greasing, and spark plug changes) … Went to boat show today in Tampa with a buddy of mine who is looking to buy a boat and he too decided on the FSH and pulled the trigger...I saw nothing at the boat show that would sway me to make a trade... For the price you get a really nice functional boat.. that feels much bigger that a 19 footer because of the swim deck real estate. Its not a perfect boat, but its perfect for me.
Glad to hear!!! how well did the boat performed in the keys? did you take out to the reefs and such? I ask because those will be one of my prime go to locations. Especially the reefs off of marathon, isla morada and key largo about 4 to 5 miles of the coast.... and running up and down Eliot key and the such ocean side chasing tarpoon

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Glad to hear!!! how well did the boat performed in the keys? did you take out to the reefs and such? I ask because those will be one of my prime go to locations. Especially the reefs off of marathon, isla morada and key largo about 4 to 5 miles of the coast.... and running up and down Eliot key and the such ocean side chasing tarpoon
It does awesome there... I hang out at Sombrero Reef (Marathon) and Alligator Reef (Islamorada) from morning till night and have gone outs to the humps tuna and mahi fishing several times... Actually headed back down to Marathon the middle of July for another week.

Newflats212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It does awesome there... I hang out at Sombrero Reef (Marathon) and Alligator Reef (Islamorada) from morning till night and have gone outs to the humps tuna and mahi fishing several times... Actually headed back down to Marathon the middle of July for another week.
I am sold... too bad I have to wait till the end of this year! Wife orders... lol
I saw the thrust vectors, that and their aftermarket fin are top on my list

Last edited:

Newflats212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Does anyone has real weight of boat, motor , trailer, extras to calculate against my suv towing capacity?

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hi Guys, I am looking on taking the plunge on 190 FSH Sport by year's end. At this point I am just doing my due diligence.
I have read a lot about the boat and I think it will fit my needs.
Budget will be around 38k (trolling motor, batteries, extras and add-ons). is this Doable or am I dreaming? I like the 190 because of the ease of maintenance compared to outboards(I Think), and they just look plain fun to drive.
Basically fishing nearshore reefs, bridges, inlets, and passes in south east Florida and some Florida west coast as well. For stupid skinny water I own a gheenoe. This would be primarily solo fishing and taking two or three people for light diving and sand bar runs. In my gheenoe anything over 1ft chop is PITA. So I am hoping this would give more latitude to go out the rest of the year and not having to need a prefect day like with the gheenoe. I don't like crazy weather either way, I don't care if I am on a 65ft Hateras, if the swells are more than 2-4/3-5 I prefer to stay inshore and head backcountry. I have boated all my life so is not a safety or lack of skill issue just comfort. When it gets rough is not fun for me and I head back in protected waters.That's just me though.
I have read a lot through the forum but I would like to know issues that should be addressed in the 2018 190 fsh before I head out in the water? what has been fixed by Yamaha and what hasn't? I know this might have been beaten to death in previous post and other forums but I just wanted some first hand knowledge. Is this boat capable of doing what I wanted to, safely/comfortably?(despite "on the reef's crazy bimini outings")
Are there any must have mods?

thanks, I hope to see ya guys on the water soon!
Eastern SoFlo resident....DON'T DO IT! Don't fall victim like several other SoFlo residents have when they purchased a FSH, me included.

You've been warned!

Heed the advice or don't, your choice!

Newflats212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Eastern SoFlo resident....DON'T DO IT! Don't fall victim like several other SoFlo residents have when they purchased a FSH, me included.

You've been warned!

Heed the advice or don't, your choice!
Interested could you please elaborate on your comment?

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I warned to stay away away from fan boy gibberish!

He has awoke and is very angry!!!

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is no way i would take a jet over an outboards for the ocean (in a small sub 25' boat). No advantage, lots of disadvantages.

Newflats212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Decisions, decisions....