• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looks like HST this weekend

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Full Moon...gonna go high speeding Sunday. Gotta stay away from those Bonita, they are really wearing me out catching them. One of the best fighting fish, but not worth anything other than strip bait.

Weekend Fishing Outlook (7/27-7/29/2018)
7/26/2018
OFFSHORE: Wahoo reports were very good this week, and the bite should stay strong right through the weekend. Backside of the July full moon is about as primetime as it gets for catching a wahoo. Look for the wahoo to be thickest in 150-350' of water (Yes the bonita are bad...no you can't avoid them). Fish early and late for the best chance at a wahoo. High speed trolling with lures or pulling natural baits (Split tail mullet and strips) behind a planer or trolling sinker will both produce a fair number of wahoo bites. High speed trolling (sometimes) will help keep the bonita bites to a minimum. Kingfish bite remains good along the 120' ledge. As mentioned, lots of bonita around. Dolphin fishing was fair again this week, with the better dolphin reports coming in from way offshore. Snapper fishing was a bit hit or miss this week.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Sooooo............

Saturday night: Set the drag on the reels, made new leaders, checked my wire crimps, bought ice, double checked tackle bag for cigar weights and lures, loaded the car with cooler, rods, tackle, etc.

Sunday morning: Woke up at 4:45am, drove to the marina, unloaded the car and loaded the boat, headed out towards the inlet. Look down and realize I forgot to tell the dock boys to put gas in the boat the day before.......... Yeah, I really did that bonehead mistake.

Its approx 5:30am at this point. Closest marina doesn't open till 8:00am. Another marina at Port of Palm Beach opens at 7:00am; however, its a good 15-20 mile run south via the ocean. Since the plan was to HST, I would be burning a good amount of gas and figured (to be safe) we wouldn't make it to Port of Palm Beach. I didn't want to call SeaTow and be that guy and I didn't want to wait till 8:00am for my marina to open. Plus, if we waited till 8:00am we would have missed prime time to HST.

We went back to the marina, unloaded the boat, loaded the car, drove home, went back to bed. Next full moon in Aug. is the same weekend I am going to New Orleans. So, I F*ed it up. July, Aug, Sept are prime wahoo months....looks like my last shot is in Sept.

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Aww man !
That sucks..
I’m guessing it is too much of a pain in the arse to fill with gas cans.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Oh yeah...120 gallon tank, plus I'm not sure there is a gas station local that sells REC 90. Plus I don't have a gas can, guestimate I could only carry 5-10 gallons at a time. Not worth the effort, or I'm just lazy lol.

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Bummer !
I always carry 4 six gallon cans, so I add 24 gallons to the boat every time I go out.
I’m in a private slip. So no convenient marina nearby. I hold 240 gallons so it rarely is topped off. I will occasionally run 40-50 miles out to go spear fishing. When I do I only need to make a couple trips back and forth from slip to gas station and back to make sure I have enough.

YamJamFan

REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What is HST?

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
High speed trolling
Usually for Wahoo. A very fast fish.
Trolling is done at speeds around 7mph for palegics but HST is anywhere from 10-20 mph.
Covering much more water in the process.

lilys

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length