• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Loose Captains Chair

jcurrier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have recently started having a problem where the captains chair is loose. Its loose where the pedestal goes into the floor. I have double checked and all the screws are tight and when i twist the chair it seems to tighten up a bit but then eventually just comes loose again. Any ideas?

Also the second issue i have is the exhaust baffles (could be the wrong name, but the part where the exhaust is coming out of the motors) both sides it seems like they are rotting away. I read a post with people saying its extra sealant and just to pull it out. Anybody having the same issue?

Boat only has maybe 30 hours on it and isnt stored in the water.

Thanks in advance for help with these issues.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it a rubbery black ring?

jcurrier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I believe so.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

jcurrier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's not where it attaches to the floor that's loose it's where the pedastal leg goes into the base.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have recently started having a problem where the captains chair is loose. Its loose where the pedestal goes into the floor. I have double checked and all the screws are tight and when i twist the chair it seems to tighten up a bit but then eventually just comes loose again. Any ideas?

Also the second issue i have is the exhaust baffles (could be the wrong name, but the part where the exhaust is coming out of the motors) both sides it seems like they are rotting away. I read a post with people saying its extra sealant and just to pull it out. Anybody having the same issue?

Boat only has maybe 30 hours on it and isnt stored in the water.

Thanks in advance for help with these issues.
If you have warranty left, get the pedestals replaced. Mine made a snapping/creaking noise, and I'm getting them replaced today. If you do not have any warranty, then I'd advise removing them and having someone weld them.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@jcurrier - What exactly is loose on the seats? The bolts at the pedestal going into the floor? or... is it the seat going into the pedestal that has one large knobed set screw on it?