• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Loose drivers rear cleat!

Sean Buckhannon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello all. Has anyone had to tighten their cleat on the rear (stern)? Not sure how to get to this one. Thanks for any info available.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That makes me feel claustrophobic just looking at those photos. I've done the front cleat, and changed the swimdeck remote. I wish I would have had someone pull me out by my feet. It would have saved a few fiberglass slivers!!

Good luck!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Sean Buckhannon just realized your's was an '06 you might be able to get to if from your access/storage area at your step over, maybe there is a false wall you may have to remove,

Bernd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello all. Has anyone had to tighten their cleat on the rear (stern)? Not sure how to get to this one. Thanks for any info available.
I assume you finished already but if not you need to find a slim 14 or 15 year old. I have tried but don't fit. I did mine yesterday with the help of my daughter.
1 remove bilge hose where it attaches to the outside so you can remove the plywood board in the back. the plywood part is attached by 3 screws. once unscrewed remove the board. The cleat and screw or lack thereof becomes visible. I found one of the nuts in the back accessible through the clean-out hatch. Thereafter, applied blue thread-locker to the screws, washer and nuts. I torqued it to 17 ft/lbs although I'm not sure that's the correct torque. I also had applied silicon sealant to the underside of the cleat on the outside.
Reattach plywood and refasten bilge hose.
It's not bad with a small person. I have tried it on and off without success. 6.5' 250 lbs. I also tried from the cleanout tray but not possible on the 2009 210 I understand might work on the 240.
Good luck