• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Loss of power

Tamstergb

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Out on water loss of power. Only could get up to 5500rpm. Have checked impeller, spark plugs, coils and all hoses. Checked the supercharger seems to be ok. Out of water can get up to 8100 RPMs. No vibration, did hear a sound like suction and then change in power. Like a vacuum getting clogged. Anyone have any other ideas.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
No check engine light??? If so, you should get the error code.

Jet Boat Tom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I would definitely check the hose going from the supercharger to the intercooler/ intercooler to throttle body.

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
i’m helping someone trying to locate this and have no idea where it is on their boat…could you possibly point me in the right direction?