• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lost 4.3 revs upbeat don't get speed

RCjet 828

Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good Afternoon Gentlemen

I am new to boating, bought a 2001 jetcrafd 18.5 feet long with a 4.3 kodiak engine and an American Turbine.
when i first got it took it to the launching ramp and would not start (my fault, did not changed the old fuel), later that afternoon took it to the lake (Folsom lake, CA) and it started, run good accelerating and planing with ease reaching speeds of 26-28mph. Don't know how fast it is supposed to go, but plenty fast for me.

Couple of weeks later started having an issue where the engine would rev up, but not gain any speed. took it to the shop, they replaced the fuel pump, pressure regulator and some other repairs run good a couple of trips to the river and last week started again. Revs up fine, starts and everithing sounds and looks fine but will go upwards of 4k rpm and only go to 7 mph never caching enough speed to plane.
Any ideas?
How difficult would be to swap engine to a 5.7 instead?
the boat has had 2 previous owners and only 160hrs on it

Thanks for your input and knowledge.