• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Lost bimini top screw

soundshark

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I noticed last weekend that the port side screw for my bimini top (SX190) was gone...must have fallen out due to vibration.
Does anyone know where I could find one cheap? (brick and mortar store preferred...)

Here is what it looks like:
IMG_5309.JPG

Mine fell out the other day when driving down the road, the bimini ended up half hanging over the site if the boat, but luckily no damage. Found the screw on the floor of boat. I've noticed they get loose very quickly when raising and lowering the top.

I lost one of mine as well. I picked up one similar at True Value hardware but later ordered a replacement from sports plaza.

When you get them replaced use Locktite blue to add some friction to the threads so they don't vibrate off again.

West marine usually carries them and sells them by the pair for under $10 I think. If you don't remove them often and can love with the look just bring the one you have into Home Depot to get a standard/metric bolt that will work.

Or, just go without it. People have been saying that I am missing a screw for years, but it hasn't affected me.

:smuggrin:

My local Ace Hardware store has a selection of thumb screws like this.

West marine usually carries them and sells them by the pair for under $10 I think. If you don't remove them often and can love with the look just bring the one you have into Home Depot to get a standard/metric bolt that will work.

Swing by my boat, I have a fistfull in the glove box...the one that doesn't lock :mad:

I got 'em at West Marine

While I know that it is probably not local (maybe it is), marinepartdepot.com is a great site for hardware like this. They currently have free shipping. might be able to stock up with a couple of extras.

http://www.marinepartdepot.com/headscrew14.html

(Please note that I do not work for or have any involvement with marinepartsdepot. I have however ordered numerous times from them and have always been pleased with their prices and service.)

Thanks everyone, I picked up a screw at Home Depot yesterday and also a couple of nuts and locking washers. Also put a locking washer under the remaining factory thumb screw, in the hopes that it will prevent it from falling out.
The Home Depot screw is only temporary, I don't think it's going to last because it's "zinc plated" - pretty sure it isn't rust proof.

Screen Shot 2015-07-03 at 7.09.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-07-03 at 7.09.54 AM.png

Last edited:
Mine fell out on a road trip last summer. I went to Home Depot and replaced it with a stainless allen head screw. We dont take the bimini off so I dont need the handle screw.

Back