• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lost my best friend today - love Ya Zula

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry for your loss. The sense of helplessness that you feel in trying to protect the ones that you love doesn't make it any easier. Stay strong and know that your best memories of them are their best memories of you.

ps... I really sympathize: we are dealing with a 120lb GSD that is having issues walking, bloody nose (from 1 nostril), etc... in the prime of her life. So brain tumor is the suspect.

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@sysinu i hope your vet will help identify what the problem is. I didn't hesitate to get a second opinion for Zula. If you not sure about how your current vet is helping - I would get a second opinion. Hoping for the best for you and your friend.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So Sorry to hear this. We have a 7 year old boxer and an approx. 15 year old rescued beagle that we've had for about 12 years. He is getting old and we know it's coming, It's gonna be a tough day. He get's a lot of treats and attention these days. Prayers for your family.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Our rough day is very soon. Autoimmune disease and originally it was mainly her front wrists. The nose bleeds we had before were from a cortisone shot it turns out, but now she has lost all 4 limbs worth of function. We took her to a PT and had custom sized braces made for her front half (where the joints need support)

Two weeks later she won't eat,drink,pee,poo and her eyes tell us that she wants to go to sleep.

I'm sleeping with my dog tonight because I think it's the last night she will be breathing.

We started her on quite a flew of drugs the other day and she really doesn't like her new anti-inflammatory and immune system suppressant. We are hopeful that she pulls through (this would be the 3rd time - if - she did), but if she doesn't turn a corner in the next 48 hours then she will be the second family member to die in a week. Your heart drops when your dog struggles, falling repeatedly even though you tell her to stay and lay, so that she can find and lay down in the corner under your office desk.