• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

LOW GAS PRICES = FILL UP 240 GALLON TANK ??

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So with the cost of gas dropping, one would think it's a GREAT time to fill up the big ole gas tank I have...
Questions are "How low will it go?" and "When ???"
240 gallons of premium could be a huge savings at say 2.00/gal... I have seen over $3.00/gal not so long ago.

Whadya think ?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I filled up on 87 yesterday for $1.24/gal. Not sure what premium was, but it was under $2/gal.

This was at Sams in Louisville, KY.

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
SAM"S is $2.38 right now.
People are gonna think i'm hoarding gas when I roll up with 12 gas cans..:p...multiple times.
Hell, I was getting pretty excited for lower prices when I saw it drop under $2.75 for premium.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sucks I filled my boat up last year before winterizing. All 65 gallons lol. So by the time I run the fuel out gas will probably be back over $2.59.

We were happy as b]can be filling up at $1.79 the other week. We haven't been out since last week due to self quarantine so it's nice to hear gas is super cheap now. My truck is near full but damn I'd love to grab a few 5 gallon jugs and take advantage but I ain't going to risk no corona lol.

Be sure you use hand sanitizer or use a napkin at the pump!

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'm in self quarantine, so I sent my wife out to fill 3 5Gal jugs on Tuesday, just in case things get critical. I left spain last Sunday and it only took them 2 days for certain pumps to run out. Hoard gas and bullets, not TP!

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Depending on the type of gas it does not store well without stabilizer. As a general rule I add stabilizer to all my gas powered equipment. They seem to be a lot more trouble free and last a lot longer. E85 starts to break down after 30 days.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
A mixed blessing.....low gas prices are wonderful.....but my wifes monthly oil check has taken a huge hit :)

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Depending on the type of gas it does not store well without stabilizer. As a general rule I add stabilizer to all my gas powered equipment. They seem to be a lot more trouble free and last a lot longer. E85 starts to break down after 30 days.
I have a honda powered lawn mower I've been trying to kill for several years. I've purposefully left ethanol gas in it, and that sumbiotch starts first pull every year.

I keep stabilizer in the boat though.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For the amount of work in hauling the gas in and out, and the risk of stale gas, in spite of being a very frugal person, I would tell you that for the $240 alone it 's not worth it. In terms of accessibility of the fuel for use during an emergency (boating or generator) It does sound attractive, but you will still need to rotate that fuel to keep it from going stale.

Best of Luck!

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I filled up at the marina yesterday. They didn’t drop their price, probably still gas from last year still over $4.

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Gas prices will stay low for a while. COVID-19 is a sideshow compared to the Russia-KSA oil price war. I think they have had enough of the US being the world's largest producer and want to drive shale producers under. We will see who can last longer but I don't see prices bouncing back really high even after COVID-19 passes.

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
They are now predicting a drop in prices an additional 35-75 cents per gallon. And gas stations are weeks behind the price drop vs the price of crude...