• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Low Oil Pressure MR1Starboard Engine

DonH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm trying to diagnose problem by removing oil pressure switch and using pressure gauge. From shop manual, switch appears to be directly above oil filter ....is access blocked by exhaust system or air box? Also, I'm in Cocoa Beach Fl, does anyone know of a shop in central or east coast of Fl that will work on a Yjb over 10 yrs old? Thanks

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When the motor is at rest, does the dipstick register between the full and low marks?

DonH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When the motor is at rest, does the dipstick register between the full and low marks?
Boat is on trailer which is dead level. Oil level in both engines covers only bottom 1/8" of dipstick. Port engine runs fine. When problem started I changed oil and filter to be sure it's 10W40.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have ho or non-ho engine?

What page of the manual showed the pressure switch, i can't locate it in my manual

DonH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine is non-HO. Try pg 5-81 step 6.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@DonH Check your manual for proper oil level. It should be more than bottom 1/8" of dipstick