• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lower RPM on one engine

ACO175FO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello everyone, this is my first post here, so thanks for the help in advance.

I have a 2009 SX210 that I bought used several months ago. It has been running very well for me all except on minor issue. The right side engine will only get to about 7000 RPM on the water. The left side will go slightly above 8000. RPMs on the right engine also seem to flutter a bit at any throttle setting.

At first I thought it was an issue with the throttle cable as the right engine cable would not go all the way to the throttle stop. I tightened the cable and now it will go all the way to the throttle stop, but I'm still having the slightly low RPM issue.

When I have the boat out of the water to flush the engines the right engine will go above 8000 RPM the same as the left. I am not sure what else I should be checking. Oil level appears to be right directly in between the full and low marks on the dipstick.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When was the last time the spark plugs were changed??? I would change them out to see if if they’re your problem.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I agree with @Babin Farms about changing plugs and would recommend you never take an unloaded engine to max rpm. Be careful.

ACO175FO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When was the last time the spark plugs were changed??? I would change them out to see if if they’re your problem.
Previous owner said he changed them every year, if true they were changed last season. I think I will go ahead and change them now anyway. Any idea what size spark plug socket is needed for the MR1 engines?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The typical 5/8".

ACO175FO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Changed the oil and spark plugs today. Minimal fouling on the plugs, although the ones on the right engine did look worse. The oil filters were tough to get off, must have been over torqued the last time. I only managed to pump out about 1 1/2 qts from each engine. Also pulled the air filters and washed them.

Test run possibly tomorrow morning.

ACO175FO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Took the boat out on Saturday and everything worked great. Both engines making about 8500 RPM at full throttle and got it up to 43 knots.