• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

LS2000 Inspection Latches

Stunty69

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
The two inspection 'tubes' in the back under the latch.....

Is there a 'knack' to removing these to inspect the jet? mine seem stuck ?!?

thanks......

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am sure you will get several replies...here is what worked for me. A little spray of wd-40 around the edge of the plug and then a bag of ice to fill the top of the tubes and the tray. Wait about 30 minutes and the ice causes the plug to contract letting the wd-40 down the tube then remove the ice and the plug will hopefully come out. Then clean off the wd-40 (lubricants may damage the rubber seals and plastic). Keep them easy to remove by taking them out after every use of the boat.

If you need to attach a dock line to the T handle and use a 2x4 as a lever across the swim platform. I have even seen people rig a floor jack to pull up on the rope...I hope yours are not that stuck.

Also I have heard about some that have used a hard wood dowel and tapped them out from the intake grate side of course the boat was on a trailer.

As a last resort you can disassemble the plugs from the top and see if that helps...rebuild kits are available and as a last, last resort you may have to break them but the replacements are pricey at $200-$300 each.