• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Luck....

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I can say that if it wasn't for bad luck I would have none at all it seems. I officially became an owner of a 2014 Black AR192 yesterday. I was supposed to travel to pick it up (289 miles away) today and bring it home tonight in time for the Labor Day weekend. I just got a phone call from the dealer that it won't be ready until mid morning tomorrow since they have to do a dealer transfer and the bank took 2 days to approve the loan leaving them little to no time to get things rolling. On top of that, the weather man is showing it to be 50% chance of rain on Sunday and 80% on Monday. Fortunately Sundays forecast for SW VA and Eastern TN is showing the rain to be late in the evening.... I have been working this deal for the past 2 months and just when I wake up this am with the boat owners one of 2 favorite days ahead of me... it all falls apart. I hope those of you who do make it out on the water tomorrow to think of me when you sip your frosty beverage... I will be behind the wheel of my truck all day and hoping Sunday turns out well.

That's a bummer. Hopefully you can still make it out the rest of the weekend.

PS: if it was me, I'd show up at the dealership with a BBQ and beach chairs and have a boat day in their parking lot on my boat sitting on the trailer. Maybe that would "speed up" the process ;)

Good luck for a sunny day on Sunday! Congrats on the boat and safe travels. Time heals all wounds...just think of the mods you can do over the off season and the enjoyment other weekends. Tip...holiday weekends are some of the most stressful boating there is, especially to new boat owners. Because they aren't yet familiar with their boats and the ramps/lakes are so crowded that it is just plain stressful. One of the best pieces of advice I was ever given was to go practice with just my helpers and on a weekday when no one was around. Good luck with the delivery and have a great weekend, even if it is just a Sunday!

I hope things work out for you. I like the idea of going there since I always find that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. You could help speed things up if you are there and you may be able to fast path the delivery by eliminating unnecessary steps.

Either way, you are getting your new boat! Congratulations

Yeah I'd go out tonight and get a $30 hotel room and stay so you can get it going first thing..

Thanks for the input. I have plans already for it for the winter months which I will be making a post to see if anyone else has done it yet.. I may be the first..

BTW I am new to jet boats, but not boats in general. I have also owned jet ski's and hoping with experience from both I will be able to manage the new boat. I have read the countless Pros and Cons of TV's and am on the fence as I am old school and feel you are better to learn to run a vessel as it is vs. modifying it to mask your ability. Not to knock or degrade anyone but I have been on 60' Sport Fish and bumping them in gear have the boat lurch its entire length in a split second... you have to learn the vessel and take nothing for granted.

Thanks for the input. I have plans already for it for the winter months which I will be making a post to see if anyone else has done it yet.. I may be the first..

BTW I am new to jet boats, but not boats in general. I have also owned jet ski's and hoping with experience from both I will be able to manage the new boat. I have read the countless Pros and Cons of TV's and am on the fence as I am old school and feel you are better to learn to run a vessel as it is vs. modifying it to mask your ability. Not to knock or degrade anyone but I have been on 60' Sport Fish and bumping them in gear have the boat lurch its entire length in a split second... you have to learn the vessel and take nothing for granted.
You will be able to manage the boat regardless...but it will take practice. And you will have a few eye opening experiences, we all have had them. Regardless of other boats or skis, your going to want to practice. And these boats are affected more by wind/waves, not having a rudder. I have had original cobra fins, TV's, TVXL's, and now naked with no fins at all. I can tell you that with any of them, none will handle anything like what your are familiar with. These are slow to react and your anticipation will be what improves your ability, and until you know what that will be, you can't react well. So practice is important, on a calm day, without crowds. Best advice I can give you! But fun you will have!

Back