• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

M2 Sports Buying Experience - Liquid Force Fish 5'6" arrived damaged

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I finally pulled the trigger on a Liquid Force Fish, and ordered some ballast for this season. . . . .

Placed the order last week to get it ahead of my sons birthday (7/3). I got a great deal on the board/ballast from M2 Sports and it all arrived ahead of schedule as promised.

However, I opened the box yesterday and found some pretty significant damage. Needless to say I was totally bummed out. This is the ONE thing my son asked for for his birthday and he has been asking for it since trying it last season.

I have been in touch with M2 Sports and am posting here largely because I couldn't send them the files I needed via email. I am linking here so they can see the pictures.

They have asked that I send as many pictures as possible. . . . . so I am including picture of the delivery through security cams, as well as picture of the unboxed product.
20150630_172735.jpg 20150630_172805.jpg 20150630_172819.jpg 20150630_172828.jpg 20150630_173202.jpg 20150630_174709.jpg 20150630_174717.jpg 20150630_174732.jpg 20150630_174736.jpg 20150630_174743.jpg 20150701_101455.jpg 20150701_101547.jpg 20150701_101624.jpg 20150701_101742.jpg 20150701_101753.jpg 20150701_101803.jpg 20150701_101836.jpg 20150701_101906.jpg 20150701_102032.jpg 20150701_102056.jpg 20150701_102132.jpg 20150701_102138.jpg 20150701_102346.jpg 20150701_102405.jpg Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 11.11.31 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 11.11.34 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 11.11.36 AM.png

Attachments

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, sorry to hear about that - I must say though, you've got the UPS guy nailed. I'd also go so far as to say that the packaging was a bit inadequate for that item. We use significantly thicker cardboard (made in the USA) and big Styrofoam corners in addition to bubble if we box something like that.
Out of curiosity, is that item produced and packaged here or in China?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have had 3 boards shipped to me damaged so I know the pain you are going thru. That UPS guy has not a leg to stand on saying he didn't do it. "Look at, would you just look at it" :eek:

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, sorry to hear about that - I must say though, you've got the UPS guy nailed. I'd also go so far as to say that the packaging was a bit inadequate for that item. We use significantly thicker cardboard (made in the USA) and big Styrofoam corners in addition to bubble if we box something like that.
Out of curiosity, is that item produced and packaged here or in China?

I am curious as to what you think the UPS guys is at fault for? Watching the whole video (which you only see screen shots of) the box was never dropped or anything, and he placed it quite gently on the front porch. There wasn't any damage to the box. . . .other than sitting in the rain soaking wet.

Additionally, my understanding is that these compression molded boards are VERY difficult to damage. I would have to say I think it was packaged quite well actually (air buffers, rubber on corners, etc. . . . )

IMHO the damage that was sustained looks as though it had to have happened prior to being packaged. Either that, or the boxes were changed after the initial damage occurred.

I am actually ordering another one today to try and get it here in time. . . . UPS is supposedly coming to pick up the busted board and the open box. Though I haven't heard anything from them as of yet.

M2 Sports has been pretty good thus far, with quick / responsive communications. Obviously, I will reserve judgement until this is all settled.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think that thing was dropped a lot farther than what the UPS guy could have done carrying it. Those boards are tuff as nails, I have shot mine right into the transom of my buddies notice on several occasions while learning and it doesn't have a mark, nor does the notice for that matter but they made a loud enough crack I could here it hit while underwater... It probably fell off an overhead conveyer once or twice I would think to see damage like that.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, an update to this saga for anyone who's interested in doing business with M2 Sports.

They were out of stock on the 5'6" Fish I had selected and made several suggestions based on the types of users and riding style I informed them of.
In order to get a board out to me in time, I basically had to purchase another one and I'm still awaiting my credit for the defective board.

The Good:

Communication from the team at M2 Sports has been excellent

They basically overnighted a replacement board (Ordered late Wed, and it arrived first thing in the morning on Friday) so that it arrived by my son's birthday. . . . .
(not sure if they are eating that shipping cost or UPS is because of the claim. . . . )

We were able to enjoy on Friday and over the 4th of July holiday weekend as a result of the quick shipment

The Bad:

I had to come out of pocket for the second board to get it in time

UPS Showed up unannounced on Monday to pick up the damaged board/box after I was told pickup would be "scheduled"

They are holding my refund on the other board until UPS chimes in on the claim, even though UPS already has possession of it

The Ugly:

Now, I didn't mind coming out of pocket for the second board as I understand they want their product back before shipping a new board. But now that UPS has the board, to tell me I need to wait until UPS approves the claim is a bit ridiculous IMHO. This issue is clearly between M2 Sports and UPS and I feel as though I am being put in the middle. They even insinuated that in the event that UPS denies the claim I may wind up being on the hook for this. . . . .

I want to be clear I am not knocking the guys over there. They have been reasonably accommodating, and quite nice to deal with. However, I feel as though this policy they have in place puts the burden on me and I'm not to sure their reasoning for it is justified.

It ties up nearly $350 I could be spending on my Wake Wedge, which was clearly needed after attempts to surf ropeless this weekend. ;)

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Report it to your credit card immediately. Tell them you are disputing the charge because the item was received damaged. This will free up that amount on your credit limit and stop any interest on that amount from accruing.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@0627Devildog so how did the second board come in? I'm looking to buy the exact board from them.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I should have been fair and updated this thread. . . . thanks for reviving it so I can.

Everything worked out perfectly fine with minimal attention needed from me. . . . All I had to do was have patience. I believe the funds were release within a week or 2.

With regards to the board, I absolutely LOVE it. . . . Every person that has used it (including half a dozen first timers) got up and surfed it without issue.

I will caution you to this end alone: The construction of this board is SOLID which is good and bad.

Good; for the longevity of the board.
BAD; for the inevitable time someone crashes it into the gel coat.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good to year everyone hung worked out in the end. I placed my order with them earlier for the same length board and can't wait until it comes in. I needed the larger boat cause I'm a larger man :D

As for it ramming the boat when someone falls, I've wondered why none of the wake surfboards have a leash like a traditional surfboard?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good to year everyone hung worked out in the end. I placed my order with them earlier for the same length board and can't wait until it comes in. I needed the larger boat cause I'm a larger man :D

As for it ramming the boat when someone falls, I've wondered why none of the wake surfboards have a leash like a traditional surfboard?
While a leash may not actually be a bad idea. . . . . It would have to be real short considering how close you are to the boat.

In my case it would not have protected against the sudden deceleration that lead to the collision of the rider (still on the board) into the boat.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Maybe instead of the leash on the back foot someone could make a shorter leash for the front foot that retracts into the board so that it wouldn't get in the way while surfing but leash is short so if you do fall it won't go flying forward.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dang that sucks. They helped me out and even price matched for me when I bought my LF Fish from them.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dang that sucks. They helped me out and even price matched for me when I bought my LF Fish from them.
Yeah, I was going back to them to check out wakeboards considering how well they handled my last experience. Maybe the site is just down. . . . .

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Additionally, the last post on their FB Page was from early June and the phone number listed for them is dead ending to a "Full Mailbox". . . . . . seems strange.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's weird their store links go to error 404 but the main site home page still exists. When you click on Contact Us it also goes to error 404. Strange indeed. They shipped to me super fast and really worked to take care of me.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, after I called them I sent them an email. . . . . just to see if they reply. I used all the contact info from the FB page precisely because of what you mentioned above.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Report it to your credit card immediately. Tell them you are disputing the charge because the item was received damaged. This will free up that amount on your credit limit and stop any interest on that amount from accruing.
Do this. Cardholders almost ALWAYS win disputes. I would have expected the company to say no worries, we'll take care of it.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do this. Cardholders almost ALWAYS win disputes. I would have expected the company to say no worries, we'll take care of it.
This has been settled LONG ago. . . . . I was actually looking to do business with them again because of how it all worked out.