• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mac Studio

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone have a Mac Studio that wants to share impressions?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am looking to upgrade from an older Mac Pro and move to the the M1 lineup. The Mac Studio looks appealing except for the price. I likely will end up with a MacBook Pro with external monitor and storage. The new Samsung monitor looks really nice at far less than Apple pricing.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the base mac studio in order. My employer gives a reimbursement for equipment every three years and with the return to office picking up speed, I pulled the trigger. Afraid they will yank the benefit.

i have a 2016 MacBook Pro that is my daily driver which pushes two 4K displays over DP with daisy chained USB.

The M1 doesn’t support more than one 4K with display port, hence I waited…

The March event, I was hoping for Mac MinI but decided to take the plunge anyway. Bruce when I get the machine I’ll share a pic of the setup.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I am curious what people do that need that type of power.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't need it by any stretch of the imagination....

I have an early 2009 iMac that still gets used occasionally so I keep the gear a long time. Since I already have portability with the older MacBook Pro, I figured why not get the desktop. To be honest, an Apple silicon Mac mini is what I really was holding out for, but I am concerned about the reimbursement policy evaporating so I pulled the trigger.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Video editing and rendering are where they show value.

Many will likely be sold because they make the user look important.

If I had an employer who would reimburse I would be jumping to buy one.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
+1 for re-imbursement lol... I would do the same.

I had a MacMini but never used it so I sold it. Sold both my and my wifes MacBooks a few years ago. Tried going iPad Pro only route but eventually gave an and got a M1 air late last year. Does great with 4k GoPro videos but haven't done anything crazy.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'll be upgrading my M1 Mac mini to a studio hopefully soon. I use it for video/photo editing, so it looks like I could benefit from the performance. Will just be getting the base model studio.

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
High quality media editing. My wife is a professional photographer, she has a couple year old Imac, I believe we upgraded her to 16GB of RAM and it will slow down noticeably if she starts getting to crazy doing whatever wizardry and black magic she does editing her photos. I’m sure she would love having one of these.