• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Made a stop at the Toyota dealership and picked up a new tow vehicle!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Is it a coincidence that the tow vehicle thread was revived today and you ended up with a new tow vehical!?

Reactions: 007

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Everyone is spending their Christmas money!!! Very nice ride! Bet that thing will pull the boat without effort.

Here is my new spend for those of you that didn't see it in the General off topic section.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great looking rides both of you. The rims on the truck look custom and the front end of the mustang looks great as well (better / different than the convertible mustang I rented this past summer).

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Nice Truck!! Congratulations!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
it looks good, keep us updated on how it runs for you,

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I like the step sides on the truck as well, very nice looking!!

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here it is on a cloudly day. Can't wait to hook it up to the boat!View attachment 15366
That's a nice looking truck! I saw in another post about it being a limited edition or something. You referenced a 4-digit number I believe. What is that all about?

When I was in the market I was looking at the '07 Tundra but could not get over the ergonomics of the dash. Absolutely hated it and that was really the only reason I did not get it and instead got my Titan. I peeked in a new model not long ago and it looks like they have changed them for the better. Not complaining as my Titan has been a great truck...just a couple little quirks.

Good luck with that truck!

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sweet

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice truck, I really like the style of the Tundra, very good looking lines for a truck.

Everytime I see a new truck pic here I keep re-assessing my thoughts on what to get next. For awhile I was heavy on the Sierra, the Tundra, then Silverado, F150 for a (very) short bit (sorry Ford guys), then Ram, then back to Sierra... Ugh!

Last edited:

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Awesome, That 1794 is a great looking package. Love my Tundra.

Next stop, join up over at www.tundratalk.net. I have the same username over there.

Last edited:

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That's a nice looking truck! I saw in another post about it being a limited edition or something. You referenced a 4-digit number I believe. What is that all about?

When I was in the market I was looking at the '07 Tundra but could not get over the ergonomics of the dash. Absolutely hated it and that was really the only reason I did not get it and instead got my Titan. I peeked in a new model not long ago and it looks like they have changed them for the better. Not complaining as my Titan has been a great truck...just a couple little quirks.

Good luck with that truck!
the 1794 is a option package that Toyota put out to pay homage to the Ranch where it all began in Texas. That's where the Tundra is built.

Here's a cut and paste about it:
1794 was the founding date of the illustrious JLC Ranch on which the Toyota Motors Manufacturing Texas plant is located. That’s some obscure stuff, and anyone who owns a 1794 Edition had better be prepared to answer questions about it. Lots of them.
The Texas plant is plenty busy, by the way. It recently celebrated completion of its one millionth Tundra there. The ranch, south of San Antonio, was acquired by Toyota in 2003 for its assembly plant

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's a really nice truck. Congrats.

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Big Shasta I really like the look of your Tundra. Is that a leveling kit or did you do a complete lift kit?
@Ronnie Thanks and yes the wheels are aftermarket. The are made by Fuel and are 20" boost. The factory wheels looked like the came off a Camry. It finally has 500 miles so according to the owners manual I can tow the boat. Too bad the weather is not corporating.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Really nice truck and color combination with those rims. Give us the 20K update since this is a top choice for a hauler for sure.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Big Shasta I really like the look of your Tundra. Is that a leveling kit or did you do a complete lift kit?
@Ronnie Thanks and yes the wheels are aftermarket. The are made by Fuel and are 20" boost. The factory wheels looked like the came off a Camry. It finally has 500 miles so according to the owners manual I can tow the boat. Too bad the weather is not corporating.
I did a CST spindle lift in the front for 3.5" and there is a guy on www.tundratalk.net "coachbuilder" that makes a lift shackle kit for the rear. I added just 2" in the rear since they are always low in the front stock. He recommended I go another half inch in the rear, which would have been better for this picture but I've since added firestone air bags back there and even at 5psi, they add a little so it looks perfect now. That picture was just the lift, no air bags yet. The CST spindle is one of the best combinations for maintaining perfect alignment geometry and stock handling. People do strut spacers a lot, they are cheap but complete crap.....ruin the alignment. These CST spindles are BEEFY. Here's one next to the stock.

And the MANLY rear shackle next to a stock:

Not sure if you have to be a member to see this. Here's a link to "My Garage" that shows all my mods and what I paid for them.
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/garage.php?do=viewvehicle&vehicle_id=1453

Last edited:

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Big Shasta Thanks! I joined tundra talk last night. I am thinking about a leveling kit but do not want it to drop when I tow the boat. I used the Firestone air bags in my Nissan Pathfinder and they worked great. I am concerned about all the issues with the FFV engines. Mine is FFV and I hope mine is trouble free. I bought the Tundra due to being bullet proof. Mine better live up to that expectation!

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Big Shasta Thanks! I joined tundra talk last night. I am thinking about a leveling kit but do not want it to drop when I tow the boat. I used the Firestone air bags in my Nissan Pathfinder and they worked great. I am concerned about all the issues with the FFV engines. Mine is FFV and I hope mine is trouble free. I bought the Tundra due to being bullet proof. Mine better live up to that expectation!
There have been some issues with FFV but it seems like they worked out 99% of them with a software change. Hopefully you are good to go. I'm sure you'll be fine. Mine is almost 3 years old and hasn't had an issue yet....I'm not FFV but I just meant in general, it's been perfect. The 5.7 is a beast....once you get it nice and broke in, search "how to turn off the nannies" it's stupid how much power it has with no electronic babysitters.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
the 1794 is a option package that Toyota put out to pay homage to the Ranch where it all began in Texas. That's where the Tundra is built.

Here's a cut and paste about it:
1794 was the founding date of the illustrious JLC Ranch on which the Toyota Motors Manufacturing Texas plant is located. That’s some obscure stuff, and anyone who owns a 1794 Edition had better be prepared to answer questions about it. Lots of them.
The Texas plant is plenty busy, by the way. It recently celebrated completion of its one millionth Tundra there. The ranch, south of San Antonio, was acquired by Toyota in 2003 for its assembly plant
Ahh! Thanks for the explanation.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice truck. My friends that have Tundra's all seem to love them.

Top Bottom