• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Magma Cabo Grill Looking Good After One Year Of Heavy Use

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am posting this so you can see how well they last. After a tough year it has no corrosion, no dents and has not not needed any parts.

I purchased this grill in November of 2013. It is the least expensive of Magma's rectangular grills. We used it a couple of times over that winter to test it out. Over the summer of 2014 it was often used multiple times per week. It spent a week on the ocean and was sat on the beach to cook at least three times. It has been stored in a Magma grill bag. When I cleaned out the Magma bag I found sand that had spent the winter with the grill. I cleaned it with a grill brush but did not do anything more thorough. After taking the pics I disassembled it and washed it in the sink which removed additional ash material.

It is light to carry, easy to clean and works well. Based on the first years experience I bet it will last for many years.

IMG_0845.JPG IMG_0851.JPG IMG_0855.JPG

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
For anyone looking to purchase a grill I would recommend spending the extra money and getting this model over the kettle. I have the kettle and a friend has the model @Bruce has. The kettle takes twice as long to cook with and the mount is much better on the Cabo grill.

Just my .00002 cents

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey Bruce, I have been debating on which grill to get and this one was at the top. Your post has convinced me to go with this grill. Thanks,
Nick

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After mine spent 2 hours in salt water and didnt get rinsed for a week, it still looks brand new.. :thumbsup:

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I recently bought the Cabo from West Marine for $130 (Father's Day promo) and I've only used it on the Bimini trip. It has met all of my expectations and has not disappointed in the slightest. I've used BBQ flame lighters to light it, as well as a simple wooden stick match. We used it every day for lunch on the water in Bimini, and I also used it at the infinity pool at Bimini Sands on our last night. It worked well every time. The only thing to be aware of when using it is that the shield that protects the burner from grease drippings will also deflect a bit of the heat away from the center of the grill, so if you put a hot dog on the grill such that it aligns with the grill tines, then the ends of the hot dog will cook before the center. So, the hotter areas of the grill are at the leading edge and the back edge of the grill surface. I place hot dogs perpendicular to the direction of the grill tines and rotate them into the hot zones. Grilling this way with hot dogs has a bit of risk of them rolling off the grill toward you if you are in rough water (but it hasn't happened yet).
I took mine apart to clean out the grease when we got home, and the simple design lends itself to easy cleaning.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the cabo also but haven't had a chance to use it yet :(