• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Maiden voyage and cleaning question

csolas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi all!!

Excited with my new sx190. It all went really awesome today in the water down here in South Florida. I am one of those picky cleaners that like to spray water all over and make sure there is no grain of salt left. My jetski was traded in with impeccable rust free engine bay. :) Anyways, my question is do you guys wash the internal storage compartments every time? They are lined with a rug and keeps the water and moisture there for days. I wonder if you guys have removed this permanent rugs inside the storage compartments or if you just dont wash inside the compartments?? Thanks and have a great day.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You should plug those cup holders then your storage compartments won't get wet. The cup holders drain right into them lol.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I did not find it necessary to clean those every time. It's true, they stay wet/damp due to them being covered and will eventually smell of mold. Should they need to be cleaned keep uncovered till totally dry. But, normal practice is not to clean them as they should stay dry.

Oh, welcome to the forum :Welcome:! Thank you for joining. There's lots of great info here with knowledgeable members to help keep you making memories on the water. Is this your first jet boat? Your model was my first also SX-192. Super fun little boat. Kept ours for 3 years.

Good luck and get ready for some mods!

csolas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the warm welcome. Yeah first boat for our family of three. We are very happy with the boat. I am just worried about how to make sure all the salt is gone but I worry about humidity left behind because of the damp carpets. I wish it was a different design. I was asking the community to see how the clean and dry the carpets or maybe they dont clean at all inside the compartments.