• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Maiden voyage and plug issues

So I am not sure of an explanation but I came home tonight to work on the plugs and thought I would give them a shot to start. Bingo...both went in fairly easy and locked. Out on the water Friday I was giving it all I could to seat the starboard plug and just couldn't. The plugs have been sitting in my garage. I am thinking these things dry out and maybe shrink some if not wet. Anyone know?

Last edited:
Mine never shrank but the aluminum rings aren't sitting in cold water right now so it seems plausible.

If you have the rebuild kits on the way then just lock them in. You can always disassemble the plugs in the tube and destroy the old bottoms (worst case) to get them out.

Good point. I didn't think about the aluminum expanding with it being out of the cold water. I left them out for now but will be putting in ahead of time with the EZ locks, so hopefully they will hold up when we head out this weekend. I will switch out with the rebuild kits and keep these as a backup. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions everyone.

Back