• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Maiden Voyage

NickB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok boys.. had her out on the lake today for the first time, lake Sugaro in Arizona.

Topped the gas tank off and it wouldn’t take an ounce more but when I got to the lake it was at 88%.. does this sound normal?

On the lake had not problems except I didn’t have the rear center seat snapped and it blew away. The family loves the boat, jet skis were a mistake that’s gonna cost me when I sell them.

Attachments

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congratulations. Next time back in so you can really take advantage of the swim platform on the beach.

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congrats. 88% doesn't sound unreasonable to me but I have a twin engine 21ft so let’s see what others with a 19 footer have to say.

I made the same mistake with my center cushion. It blew out and by the time I realized it and turned around, I was never able to find it. Hopefully you found yours.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok boys.. had her out on the lake today for the first time, lake Sugaro in Arizona.

Topped the gas tank off and it wouldn’t take an ounce more but when I got to the lake it was at 88%.. does this sound normal?

On the lake had not problems except I didn’t have the rear center seat snapped and it blew away. The family loves the boat, jet skis were a mistake that’s gonna cost me when I sell them.
Well my gas is 100% on mine every time I fill up and takes quite some time to drop. Guess the pickup sensor may be slightly high on yours

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Note to self: Never buy a boat from Arizona.

Sorry to hear about the cushion.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@NickB if it makes you feel better our center cushion just takes up space under one of the seat because we don't like stepping on it.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@NickB if it makes you feel better our center cushion just takes up space under one of the seat because we don't like stepping on it.
This, we had it in the first few times out, and it’s been under a bow seat ever since!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have never read the fuel gauge with that much precision, frankly. But it is not surprising to me. Angle of the boat can make a big difference, I have found. I can be getting onto plane and have one reading, and another reading at rest. Also if I fill on the trailer, of course I get a different result from filling on the water. Only ran out of gas once (and that was while puttering up to the fuel dock), so I try not to ever get that close to empty anyway. It still usually lasts me all day and then some...

NickB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats. 88% doesn't sound unreasonable to me but I have a twin engine 21ft so let’s see what others with a 19 footer have to say.

I made the same mistake with my center cushion. It blew out and by the time I realized it and turned around, I was never able to find it. Hopefully you found yours.
Found mine immediately

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My fuel gauge changes when the boat is on plane when it’s just sitting in the water when it’s on the trailer 88 to 90% is normally all I got when I fill it up. Yes I have two people sit on the other side of the boat I can get up to 100%. Jet skis are fun and one can most definitely can complement the boat.

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My gauge always reads100% after a fill on the trailer and on the water.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My gauge always read full when filled up. When you're fueling up the boat maybe don't squeeze the lever full and see if you can get in more fuel. Perhaps that pump was putting in fuel too fast and you were seeing false stops at the pump.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What @haknslash said, listen to the air in the tube as you fill . You’ll hear the air swish faster when it gets full