• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Maintenance light

Lowstar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Is there any way to clear a Maint required for 50 hour without dragging the boat to the dealer ?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I am NOT an expert and haven't done this... yet. But to my knowledge, the only way is to buy the diagnostic software and use a laptop to clear them yourself. You can also have access to all of the other info/etc. At $400 USD (base price), it's expensive... on the other hand, depending on how far the dealer is (which is far for me) and how many visits you'll be doing, it may be worth the cost.

https://candoopro.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_11&products_id=1&zenid=ec0430bdb0a8f5e2759fb8590218fe3d

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
242.jpg From the owners manual

Lowstar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I am NOT an expert and haven't done this... yet. But to my knowledge, the only way is to buy the diagnostic software and use a laptop to clear them yourself. You can also have access to all of the other info/etc. At $400 USD (base price), it's expensive... on the other hand, depending on how far the dealer is (which is far for me) and how many visits you'll be doing, it may be worth the cost.

https://candoopro.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_11&products_id=1&zenid=ec0430bdb0a8f5e2759fb8590218fe3d
That’s what I was afraid of, the dealership is an hour and 15 away and we don’t really get along the best. We’ve had words. I could see it taking a week. I wonder if a seedoo dealer could clear it ?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Hi @Lowstar , to my knowledge yes. It's the same tool as you can see from the link. Applies to a bunch of BRP products including Sea-Doo. So they should be able to do it for a fee I'm sure.

Lowstar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hi @Lowstar , to my knowledge yes. It's the same tool as you can see from the link. Applies to a bunch of BRP products including Sea-Doo. So they should be able to do it for a fee I'm sure.
I have one of those right down the street, I’ll give that a try.
If not I guess it’s time to spend some more money
Thanks Luc

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Damn.....sorry, I didnt even look and see what boat you had! You mean the owners manual is not the same!!!!!:)

Lowstar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Damn.....sorry, I didnt even look and see what boat you had! You mean the owners manual is not the same!!!!!:)
I looked all over the boat for those damm buttons !

Boat~R~US

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Sorry, I had to have dealer reset mine also. But next one after 50 hours is 100 hours for reset clock. You probably can have a local Jet ski/Sea Doo dealer reset it for you since its a BRP product. I had the dealer reset it because of the 5 year warranty on the engines and logging the info on their system. Thou I will be ordering a CANDOO and printing all my maintenance records in the future or every season.