• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Maintenance question

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have some questions for you gents. I just received my YES warranty package from Yamaha. It includes a maintenance tracker which wants you to write down the name of the shop conducting such work. My question is: If I perform my own 10 hour checks, it will not void the warranty right? I don't think that it will but just wanted to ask here, also, once I perform the oil and plugs, etc, do I still fill the card with the relevant information? Thanks for your help.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Doing your own work will not void the warranty. It's illegal. It is reasonable to expect you would keep a log of your maintenance work.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Keep a log of actions and receipts for products purchased. Extremely rare that these would be needed unless you own a Scarab or BPR product. :D

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for replying guys.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
He did. He went there.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Av8tor07 - (Just me personally)

I like to purchase my parts from my local Yamaha dealership. This allows to me prove Yamaha parts were utilized and it also keeps a record at the dealership... in case I lose my records.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Av8tor07 - (Just me personally)

I like to purchase my parts from my local Yamaha dealership. This allows to me prove Yamaha parts were utilized and it also keeps a record at the dealership... in case I lose my records.
I bought k&n filters on amazon, the plugs on eBay, and the Yamaha marine grease on amazon too. I wonder if I'll have any issues by doing this?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought k&n filters on amazon, the plugs on eBay, and the Yamaha marine grease on amazon too. I wonder if I'll have any issues by doing this?
None whatsoever.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not at all bud.
I just do mine that way because maintaining records is not my strong suite. I do great at work... come home, and instant laziness!!

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks guys.