• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mass jet boat mechanic

t21port

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Any recommendations for Yamaha FSH jet boat mechanic in Boston area or Mass area?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board,

what do you need done ?

did you buy it new at the local dealer ?

t21port

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks
Not sure. High rpm’s, no thrust and loud noise when throttle
New boat from dealer but wasn’t great experience

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
have you looked at the impellers ?
is the boat on a trailer, wet slip or lift ?
have you looked or felt through the cleanout holes ?

first thought is, something caught in the impellers, fishing line, twig, bottle cap ??

once we rule out a couple things to look at normally it's an easy diagnosis and fix,

if nothing else a jetski shop can help since it's the same motors/impellers as the skis,

t21port

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It’s wet slipped but comes out every few weeks. It’s on my trailer now and removed from sea weed from grates under boat. Check clean out ports and didn’t see or feel anything. May bring it back to dealer but steering cable froze over winter and said west and tear and ended up fighting with them and was covered under warranty

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
since you know you had seaweed issue I would guess that's the main factor,

I'd at the least, stick my phone up through the grates and get a picture of the impeller so you can look at it more closely and make sure you don't see anything, then I'd take the boat out again for a test run,

one of the problems/benefits of the jet boat is stuff happens and then just goes away,

many times people will suck something up, it bounces around the impeller but when they load the boat on the trailer it washes out with the water and the next time they use the boat the problem has mysteriously vanished,

but something as small as a tooth pick can lodge in the impeller and water disruption and lead to an overheat situation,