• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Meet up in Wisconsin

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looking to see what kind of interest there is to have a meet up in Wisconsin? Thinking Lake Winnebago chain of lakes because there is a lot of interconnected lakes and is centrally located in the state, if you think another area would be better let me know . I think mid to late August would be best as the water is definitely warm by then, would could go July as well but I know a lot of us are going to Lake Shelbyville the last weekend in July.

Lets start planning this before everyone's summer books up.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Interested. Mississippi River, Lake Wisconsin, Green Lake, Castle Rock? Lake Wisconsin as well as the Mississippi River allows you to camp on a sand bar, or sleep on your boat (however still have a camp fire on the sand bar). I think Lake Winnebago was ruined for me the one weekend I was there and it was crazy windy! I guess some input from locals up in the area would be helpful. As Scott said if someone has a great idea speak up!

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where do you normally boat? Is it in Wisconsin or the chain of lakes in Illinois?
Our home river is the Rock between Dixon & Sterling. We also go to the Mississippi pool 14, Illinois River-Peru to Peoria & Coralville Lake in IA. We haven’t ventured into WI yet with the Yamaha but are open to anything. I’ve been up to the WI Rapids/Nekoosa area with the fishing boat and decent water up there as long as you know where your going.

Gooch

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds good towards the end of August

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
sounds great. We are mostly on Lake Michigan AND LAKE GENEVA. But I’m already thinking about a few trips: Milwaukee-green bay, Milwaukee-Chicago, dubuque-lacrosse, Milwaukee-Michigan.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
maybe, sounds fun

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yo, if I still have a Yamaha by boating season... :)

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I might be in. A bit of a haul from the WI side of the Twin Cities, but I am down for adventures. I am toying with the idea of an early fall Door County trip that coincides with a game at Lambeau, but there are so many variables there it will be like planning a rocket launch.

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Interested. Mississippi River, Lake Wisconsin, Green Lake, Castle Rock? Lake Wisconsin as well as the Mississippi River allows you to camp on a sand bar, or sleep on your boat (however still have a camp fire on the sand bar). I think Lake Winnebago was ruined for me the one weekend I was there and it was crazy windy! I guess some input from locals up in the area would be helpful. As Scott said if someone has a great idea speak up!
I'm sure it can get windy on Winnebago, but there are a few others lakes connected we could boat to if it is a windy day, I have never been but I have heard it is an excellent chain of lakes to explore.

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I see your from deforest, where do you normally boat?
First boat purchase but we tend to frequent Lake WI now with friends and will assume it will continue. We have a cottage in Sturgeon Bay so will be going up there quite a bit with the boat and plan to make one or two trips to Hudson and Prescott area on the St Croix. Big plans for the summer. I hope we can hit most areas up.
Has anyone done the Chain O’ Lakes in Waupaca WI? I haven’t been there since my high school days but I do remember some clear blue water.

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
"plan to make one or two trips to Hudson and Prescott area on the St Croix."
Make sure to HMU if you are thinking about the Croix!!

I recommend using Windmill Marina in Afton MN for launch. You can't go wrong there. Very little stress. Although they charge like $35 a night if you leave your vehicle overnight, on top of the $20 launch fee. There are two parts of the Croix: Hudson to Prescott is generally going to be the "beer can island" party scene, and north of Hudson past Stillwater is the quieter picturesque way to go. You can camp on the Croix north of Stillwater MN. It is actually controlled by the NPS, and they have floating porta potty barges that are very clean. It is great for boat camping. North of Stillwater is really a gem, very beautiful. That party scene on the lower isn't really that crazy, just a couple of spots: In Hudson, at the Kinni State Park, and MN side of Prescott.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm sure it can get windy on Winnebago, but there are a few others lakes connected we could boat to if it is a windy day, I have never been but I have heard it is an excellent chain of lakes to explore.
I can confirm that it can get windy but there are sheltered areas and also lakes Butte des morts and Lake Poygan that connect to Lake Winnebago. It was my first year boating and it seemed like winds picked up once we got into late August / early September. Not sure if this is normal on Winnebago or just how it happened to be in 2020. The great thing about the Winnebago chain is that there is so much room and so many good places to eat and just relax on the float.

First boat purchase but we tend to frequent Lake WI now with friends and will assume it will continue. We have a cottage in Sturgeon Bay so will be going up there quite a bit with the boat and plan to make one or two trips to Hudson and Prescott area on the St Croix. Big plans for the summer. I hope we can hit most areas up.
Has anyone done the Chain O’ Lakes in Waupaca WI? I haven’t been there since my high school days but I do remember some clear blue water.
I've heard that the Chain O' Lakes is nice but it's a small chain (I compare everything to the Winnebago chain as that's all I know) and several of the lakes are strictly no-wake.

Last edited:

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Of course I’m in. Mid August sounds perfect. I’m in Waukesha, but tend to leave my local lakes behind. Too crowded and kinda boring. My home away from home is along the Mississippi, Pool 9. A few years ago @SCP1 introduced us to Lake Wisconsin, and it is one of my favorite places to boat. I like rivers and sand bars, and going up river from Lake Wisconsin is great for that. D372196F-527B-49E0-A413-6DC66DCA8D6C.jpegA882D831-CF08-4EAC-9EFD-F8674D8A6B09.jpegC0BE2AAC-103B-4D0A-BFE9-83F9BE74F612.jpeg

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Of course I’m in. Mid August sounds perfect. I’m in Waukesha, but tend to leave my local lakes behind. Too crowded and kinda boring. My home away from home is along the Mississippi, Pool 9. A few years ago @SCP1 introduced us to Lake Wisconsin, and it is one of my favorite places to boat. I like rivers and sand bars, and going up river from Lake Wisconsin is great for that.
Man, those are great photos!!