• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Memorial Day Weekend 2014 at Lake Texoma

Thanks @HawkTX . The next best thing to having fun on the water is watching somebody else having fun.

I was gonna head there myself, but since Mother Nature is blessing us with occassional much needed liquid gold, I opted out. Harrumph.

Hey I recognize those boats, kayaks, and people! Great to meet you Tom. Still here, just watched ramp chaos during a downpour. Lucky to be sitting in a slip while that was happening. Let me know next time you are gonna Texoma up!

Will do. Next time we will stay longer! Great meeting y'all.

It was great meeting y'all Tom. We got to see the same downpour as Jawsf16 from another dock. It was nuts! I had our boat tied up and covered by the time it hit. It was a wall of water. It was another fun, but cloudy day on the water.

Wow! Glad you guys are ok. See you next time.

@jawsf16 Bryan, I forgot to say "thanks" for letting the kids use your kayaks. They had a blast on those. Tracy wanted me to ask you where you got those.

Sure wish I could have been out with you guys...looks like a great day! The beach looks pretty good considering lake levels. Are you guys on Treasure Island? I was working this weekend, still out. We had to hold 25 minutes yesterday going into DFW and were about 2 minutes from bingo fuel when the let us in the flow toward the airport. Was a bunch of rain that completely missed Lake Ray Roberts...ugh. Glad they got some in the watershed up there at Texoma...and glad you guys got into cover! Next time, hope we can make it!

We were on the Texas shore. At a park called Sunset Beach or something. Lots of underwater hazards like cinder blocks and tires along with a few large stumps. Nobody can get to the north side of the islands except for maybe North island. Most people who usually go to Treasure were there with us at this beach because of the things that go on at North. Not kid friendly.

Where is this beach on the Texas side @PEARCE ?

The beach is everywhere right now Mel! @HawkTX they are wave kayaks. I got them online, don't remember where. Around $170 or so I think, not really sure though. Glad your daughter enjoyed them, that's why we brought them! We didn't go out today, just loaded up the boat and started home. We got to swim in the pool, since we never ever get rain in Wichita Falls....

@txav8r it is to the east of Highport and about 1\2 to 3\4 of a mile down the shoreline. I believe it's just past the east end of North island. It's on the main channel so there's a fair amount of traffic out in front of you. We'd occasionally get some good sized rollers, but most of the time it was no more then what we be getting at Treasure. We anchored and hung out behind a line of cruisers that were anchored right at the drop off. I was chest deep standing behind them and it was 15+ feet at there bow. My stern was in knee deep water and I was about 10 to 15 feet behind the line. It's a nice area for the most part and will most likely be "the" spot for the summer for that group of cruiser friends.

We have one of those wave kayaks for the daughters, got ours at Dicks sporting goods for that same price as jawsf16.

The Texas shore has been rocky and clay for the most part in my lifetime. I don't remember seeing a sand shore anywhere along the Texas side on Texoma, so the lake must really have moved the sand around, and it must be very low. Admittedly however, we never really ventured past Preston peninsula more than a handful of times. But I still don't remember a sand beach along the peninsula past Highport. Glad you guys had a great weekend and wish I could have been there. But y'all missed out...extended holding, exercise in planned diversions, and passenger disturbance...all in one 3 day trip. When it rains, it pours...just not at my house!

There is a public beach at the same area. It is just a LOT bigger now!

I maybe going up to Texoma this Sunday. Good information on the islands and beaches. How are the ramps as far as getting boat in/out of the water. I will be coming up Hwy 377 through Whitesboro if anyone has any recommendation on what ramps to use.
Edit: May make the drive to Highport. Assume their ramp is good and deep. Anyone put in there recently?

Last edited:
@BravoMike The water is down a good bit Bob...I don't know if the Juniper point ramps are usable and certainly not the Cedar Bayou ramp, the ramps to the south of Cedar Mills won't be usable either. Cedar Mills may be your only choice off of 377. I would suggest using the ramp over at Highport, it is steep/deep/and pretty much always going to be usable to an unknown point. Cedar Mills has a service ramp that is similar to Highport, but the public ramp there isn't as good as Highports, and I do not know its usability, but it would be the only player on the Big Mineral side of 377, and going further west off 377 to any of the ramps west of Cedar Bayou will not get you in the water as easy and safely as Highport. As a matter of fact, the water to the west of the islands is wrought with dangerous shallows/stumps/rocks/sandbars/etc. if you don't stay absolutely out in the channel. There is stuff out of the water that hasn't been out in years.

Thanks for the Pirep @txav8r You answered my question about Highport too. Started thinking about the water conditions between 377 and the islands. Thinking it would be worth the drive to Highport. You read my mind while I was editing my post. If we do not go to Texoma Sunday, will be at Ray Roberts. Any chance you will be on the water Sunday?

Sadly no...working this and the next weekend. But the boat is getting a few warranty items tended to at PD as well. Should get it back next week if they don't have to grind down the transom to repair the void I found. Texoma is fine on the south side of the islands and in the main channel from North Island back along the preston peninsula and around toward the dam. @PEARCE @jawsf16 @HawkTX can chime in and give you a current rundown as my pirep is from past experience at low levels, not from current observation. So care should be taken. Same on RR, it is 8.5' low! Stay away from the western edges and points as well as known 7 to 10' depths you have crossed before. I have no issues on RR but I don't go running into shallows. I have the places I frequent and they are always deep enough. Plus I don't ever beach the boat on RR.

Back