• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Memorial Weekend, Lake Keowee

Clayton Danyew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Rented a condo on the lake for 3 days, hoping this weather clears and I can spend 3 days/nights on the water. Anyone else gonna be out there? Ill probably be at the waterfall sandbar most of the weekend, do a little wakeboarding, and hit a few islands on the south end of the lake. Let me know if anyone wants to tie up somewhere. Would rather have someone who knows what they're doing tied up next to me than some idiot in a pontoon rental.

Also, any recommendations on places to get food/drinks at night on the lake besides the tiki hut?

SCJeeps

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We pretty much boat exclusively at Keowee. Another restaurant to try is The Lighthouse. They have an indoor nice restaurant and a separate outdoor venue they call The Cabana, both are excellent.

We went on Memorial Day weekend last year and it was madness on the lake. We are pretty low key just like to find a nice beach and relax. If you are going to be there for three days you can probably choose when to go out. We love Lake Keoweee!

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Holidays on Keowee are insane for sure. We don't do any watersports on busy days like that for fear of getting run over.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll check with the wife and see what we have going on. Maybe make a day trip (its hour and half for us).

Back in the day my buddy hit wave wrong in holiday weekend and we ended up floating in middle of keowee with shattered windshield in his dad's rinker.

If we did anything would probably be ssturday

Clayton Danyew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well as of right now... Looks like weather's gonna suck this weekend...and for the next 2 weeks basically. Cancelled the condo on the lake. If by some miracle the weather clears I'll just trailer to the lake. Not looking promising though.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well as of right now... Looks like weather's gonna suck this weekend...and for the next 2 weeks basically. Cancelled the condo on the lake. If by some miracle the weather clears I'll just trailer to the lake. Not looking promising though.
Yeah I saw that as well. Hopefully the weather guys will get it wrong again. If it's nice I'll be out there for sure!

I also second the Lighthouse recommendation! I eat at the Cabana all the time and the food/service is way better than the Tiki Hut! But, Tiki Hut is under new management this year and they LOOK like they are doing some good things for improvement!

Clayton Danyew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Right now, theres a little hope that sunday might have some sunshine, and maybe only scattered showers. if by some miracle it stays like this, or improves, ill probably shoot for sunday. gonna watch the weather closely and decide on Saturday afternoon probably. If anyone wants to tie up or meet up before going to the sandbar, PM me. Ill start a group chat to coordinate a meet up spot.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
ENJOY !! this lake is a MUST DO on my list......It's top bookmark under the vacations folder for a while now !!!! Beautiful ! Have a great time !!

Last edited: