• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Mercury V6 210 Carb.

LeHeredia

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi, I'm new to the forum, and I'm not sure if this would be the best place to post this kind of post, sorry if it isn't. I have a Mercury sport jet V6 210 Carb. I'm having trouble with the ignition system. Long story short, the engine was running but the timing was fluctuating a lot. So I replaced the stator, trigger and switch box. After that, the timer became more stable, but the engine didn't have the strength to go beyond 3600rpm. They told me to change the flywheel because mine could have weak or damaged magnets. After I replaced the flywheel, my voltage rectifier had a problem but was soon replaced. After all this the engine is very stable as soon as I turn it on the timer is correct, but when I increase the engine speed the stator starts to smoke and the ignition starts to fail the engine becomes weak until it turns off. I removed the flywheel and verified that the 4 coils that carry the ignition coil capacitors are toasting. Could anyone give me an idea what could be causing this?

A90659D3-C874-4C35-9C0E-2188F4D9C0EE.jpeg82FE366A-2BAC-4F22-92D3-B0D7789AC404.jpeg

Back